- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
- 3 to 5 years at the manager/director level of human
resources or related experience strongly preferred
- Public speaking experience.
- Ability to interpret and advise property management
according to employment laws of jurisdiction.
- Considerable knowledge of human resource policies,
procedures and practices.
- Ability to develop policies and procedures and educate
associates regarding such policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems: i.e. MS Excel,
Word, PowerPoint, and electronic scheduling and e-mail
- Behaves with integrity, honesty and is open with guests
and fellow associates.
- Develops effective working relationship with fellow
associates, managers, outside representatives and agencies.
- Identify and recommend Human Resource approaches to
management team including strategic planning, forecasting,
budgeting, and organizational development issues.
- Manage performance evaluation, career development and
succession planning systems.
- Develop, implement and administer Human Resource policies
- Identify useful labor markets/sources and maintain ready
supply to meet hotel employment needs; conduct job fairs and
recruiting as necessary.
- Manage all pre-employment activities including but not
limited to offer letters, drug testing, reference checks, and
- Direct and manage all recruiting and employment efforts.
- Administer the Affirmative Action Plan for the hotel and
- Manage the entire application process including personnel
requisitions, job posting, applications, and applicant flow.
- Complete new hire orientation and training activities.
- Develop and administer employee recognition, incentives and
other workforce involvement campaigns.
- Coordinate management development programs and conduct
management training programs.
- Facilitate the resolution of employee relations issues.
- Develop and direct employee communication programs.
- Administer compensation programs including but not limited
to conducting wage surveys, developing property wage scales,
administering wage and salary schedules and merit increases
associated with the performance evaluation program.
- Manage the payroll and HRIS system.
- Develop and administer company and property benefit programs
including compliance with HIPAA, COBRA, IRS regulations and
- Manage all unemployment compensation activity.
- Manage Workers' Compensation claims.
- Manage all external agency investigations and claims.
- Select, train, supervise, develop, discipline and counsel
associates throughout the property.
- Administer associate opinion survey process.
- Advise property management as to any applicable employment
laws including city, county, state, and federal.
- Retain records associated with HR and payroll.
- Other duties as assigned or as needed to create Signature
Moments for our guests.
- Review, comply with, and promote the company's Affirmative
Action Plans for minorities, women, veterans and persons with