When people visit your home, do you give them a warm welcome and make them feel comfortable?
Are you also the person who carries their luggage and get their coats so that they can get situated?
Do you consider yourself as the “Welcome Ambassador” and recommend all of what your town has to offer?
Well, if you answered “yes” to all of the above, you might just be the right fit for the position we have!
We are in search of a dynamic, guest-engaging BELL ATTENDANT.
Here’s your main responsibility:
You will welcome and escort arriving and departing guests in a friendly, courteous manner to and from their accommodations, as well as providing general information regarding the hotel and local attractions; maintain an even flow of guests’ luggage and belongings to and from guestrooms and providing storage of the luggage in a prompt and safe manner; provide personal service to guests for their business and concierge needs.
These are what you need to do:
- Greet guests, offer assistance with check-in/check-out, deliver laundry and store luggage. Know the complete hotel facilities and layout in order to escort guests to and from their rooms, explaining in the proper dialogue, all in-room amenities, emergency procedures and the general hotel facilities. Deliver of flowers, packages, gifts, amenities, messages and parcels as directed by the day’s priorities.
- Provide information and recommend area restaurants, theaters, community events, activities, etc. to ensure optimum guest satisfaction.
- Assist in ordering supplies and maintaining inventory control minimizing unnecessary expenses.
- Polishing and monitoring all bell carts on a consistent basis and maintaining the work area in a clean and orderly manner. Handle the maintenance program of company vehicles, cleaning schedule, refueling and trip logs.
- Report and/or follow-up on any complaints, problems a guest may experience in a timely and professional fashion to ensure a quality guest experience.
You may be assigned these tasks:
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Participate in hotel committees and task force assignments.
- Assist the Front Office Manager in all areas requested and act in his/her place during his/her absence
Our expectations from you:
- Abide by payroll policies, procedures (punch in/punch out), Meals and Rest Periods policy and OLS Rules of Conduct.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all hotel safety and security procedures as required maintaining a secure and safe environment for employees as well as guests.
- Report any unusual occurrences and/or request to the General Manager.
- Read and abide by all the regulations and rules of conduct stated in the associate handbook.
These are what the job requires:
Education: High school education or equivalent experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Requires working knowledge of guest services and hotel services, policies or operations. Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job. Use a clear, concise English speaking voice, listen with empathy, provide accurate information and document legibly all appropriate incident information
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances between and within buildings on the property.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for duration of shift.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. Sufficient manual dexterity in hands.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders at a rapid pace.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
- No. of employees supervised: None
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.springboardhospitality.com/careers