About Holiday Inn Express - Kanab
POSITION TITLE: General Manager
REPORTS TO: IGH Representative
JOB SUMMARY: The General Manager oversees all aspects of the hotel operations including guest relations, front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, finances, team building, and staff development. The General Manager must possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and demonstrate outstanding leadership. The manager must be able to delegate responsibilities, organize complex projects, and establish priorities consistent with hotel objectives.
- Represent the hotel in a professional, knowledgeable, and eloquent manner.
- Dress appropriately in business attire at all times.
- Ensure compliance with all Brand standards.
- Ensure compliance with all IGH Standards as outlined in the Employee Handbook and General Manager handbook.
- Maintain an impeccably clean, safe, and inviting atmosphere inside and out.
- Greet guests daily for a minimum of 2 hours during Peak check in and out times.
- Develop and execute both a short and long term operating plan to meet or exceed budgeted fiscal performance goals.
- Attend monthly property review meeting to report on hotel performance.
- Ensure an operating environment that will maximize guest satisfaction.
- Meet or exceed customer service standards as measured by brand inspections, brand survey reports and social media reviews. Respond to all reviews and initiate corrective action when necessary.
- Establish a presence in the community through participation in local events, associations and community service projects. Identify and support a local charity.
- Ensure revenue maximization through daily coordination with the assigned brand revenue management support representative.
- Perform sales duties or work closely with the Sales Manager to set and achieve local account and group business sales objectives.
- Continually recruit, train and monitor staff. Ensure proper staffing levels on each shift.
- Create and maintain a pleasant, safe, and mutually respectful work environment. Continually interact with and motivate all staff members.
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive preventative maintenance program.
- Walk through entire property daily, inside, and out to ensure standards are met.
- Lift up to thirty (30) pounds
- Walking, bending, stretching, excessive standing and/or sitting
- Some exposure to chemicals
- Must be enthusiastic and energetic with a passion for hospitality
- Minimum three years’ experience as an Operations Manager, Front Office Manager, or Department Manager in a full or select service hotel
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Proficiency in computers to include Microsoft Word, Excel, and other hotel operating systems
- Proven record of success with Quality Assurance reviews and Guest Satisfaction
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Thorough understanding of total hotel operations