About Residence Inn-West Jordan
Front Desk Associate position is a mixture of 7am-3pm and 3pm-11pm. Saturdays & Sundays are required consistently. Must be available for both shifts, weekends, and holidays.
Immediate Supervisor: The Assistant General Manager is your immediate supervisor.
1. Is committed to the right of employees to work in an environment free of discrimination and harassment, including sexual discrimination and sexual harassment.
2. Treats all guests equally and provides guests equally and provides quests with accommodations and services without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, sex(gender_, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, current or past military service, disability, genetic information, or political affiliation.
3. Is ready to begin work at scheduled time. Consistent on-time attendance is essential.
4. Offers courteous and sincere hospitality at all times. Understands what is meant by "GREAT Guest Service". (Provides the public with uniform, consistent, efficient, courteous, high-quality service in addition to a clean hotel and grounds.)
5. Keeps appropriate business information confidential both on and off property
6. Is well groomed and maintains personal hygiene appropriate for a business setting; adheres to dress code policy.
7. Maintains Clean and orderly work area and equipment.
8. Communicates well with supervisors; communicates well orally, and in writing; writes legibly.
9. Handles guest complaints effectively. Understands and reacts effectively to the needs and interests of hotel guests.
10. Is honest and reliable; can be trusted
11. Cooperates with co-workers and creates a team environment
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
1. Has the ability to report to work on time
2. Has the ability to follow instructions from supervisors
3. Has the ability to interact with co-workers in a civil and businesslike manner.
4, Has the ability to understand and follow work guidelines and procedures.
5. Has the ability to accept constructive criticism without becoming defensive.
6. Has the ability to walk, stand, and remain stationary for long periods of time; ability to walk up and down stairs, reach to heights of up to 72 inches, bend to the floor, lift, push, and pull when specific job duties require.
7. Answers any questions about the hotel and community, is knowledgeable about the location of attractions, restaurants, shopping, churches, and answers complaints or concerns by the guests.
8. Is part of the hotel's security team and is responsible for immediately reporting, orally or in writing, any potential safety or security hazards to immediate supervisor.
9. Promotes all Company/Brand loyalty programs.
10. Greets guests and checks t hem in and out using the computerized property management system. Completes all necessary paperwork for checking guests in and out, including guest registration, and all appropriate room charges and any other necessary paperwork. Requires standing 100% of the time & must be able to reach an approximate height of 48 inches.
11. Operates the switchboard using proper telephone etiquette, taking and transferring calls as required, talking messages accurately, always noting the time and date, recording and making guest wake up calls. Able to operate a TDD (Telecommunications Device for the Deaf)
12. Handles cash and is able to accurately count cash and make accurate change for guest. Responsible for cash transactions on shift. Knows proper procedure for credit card authorizations and for obtaining proper approval.
13. Follows all emergency procedures and knows how to respond in the event of different types of emergencies. This requires mobility to travel from room to room and up and down stairs to notify guests and also assist guests in evacuating the hotel.
14. Knows room rates, locations, and furnishings of all rooms.
15. Knows physical make-up and layout of building both interior and exterior.
16. At the beginning of a shift, reviews front desks log and records activities/pass on notes during your shift
17. Responsible for balancing cash drawer and shift deposit. Completes all necessary paperwork, etc.
18. Reports any problems, orally, or in writing, concerning front desk, guest relations, or maintenance to immediate supervisor on a daily basis.
19. Takes reservations and cancellations received over the telephone, through the front desk computer, through the mail, over fax, and in person and accurately inputs data in the property management system.
20. Is responsible for being aware of any changes in hotel operations and procedures.
21. Locks & Secures the front desk area at any time when required to leave the area, including taking the cordless phone with you.
22. Checks outside lighting each night and reports any problems on a maintenance request form.
23. Delivers rollaway, cribs, and additional guest supplies to guest rooms when requested.
24. Follows procedures for handling disorderly conduct in guest rooms and public areas of hotel.
25. Keeps front desk area and lobby clean and orderly at all times- includes dusting, vacuuming, cleaning winders and doors, emptying trash, mopping, sweeping, etc..
26. Makes coffee; supplies and cleans coffee bar. May require lifting and bending
27.Helps secure guest's lodging referrals when the hotel is full.
28. Keeps all areas of the front desk area supplied with necessary items. Reports to immediate supervisor any supplies that are needs.
29. As lost and found items are turned in, records and places in proper storage.
30. Issues master key/key card to all hotel employees as directed and records in log sheet.
31. Counts master keys/key card daily.
32. Cleans guest rooms, either when the hotel is full and there is a vacant room that needs to be cleaned to be sold, or when the hotel is short of housekeeping staff.
33. Sets wake0up calls on the switchboard.
34. Performs any additional duties that, from time to time, may be assigned by an immediate supervisor.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time