Glenwild Golf Club and Spa in Park City, UT is looking to hire a full-time year-round 2nd Assistant Golf Course Superintendent. Do you have the desire to work with a company that values and respects you? If so, please read on!
ABOUT GLENWILD GOLF CLUB AND SPA
Designed by Tom Fazio, one of the most celebrated golf course designers of our time, this 7,564-yard, par-71 championship course challenges players of all levels while complementing the breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape. With superb routing, awe-inspiring scenery, and a fine team of caddies, the course features a meandering creek with a series of lakes and shot values that enhance its playability and scenic appeal, ensuring that it will become known as one of the finest golf courses in America. And that’s just the beginning.
Currently in a full renovation of the driving range and practice facility greens lead by golf architect Tim Jackson of Jackson Kahn Design including a new irrigation system and grow in of 5 USGA practice. Tim Jackson is also putting a Master Plan together which will include a complete irrigation, bunker and cart path renovation plan with a goal of starting in 2026.
Glenwild Golf Club is seeking a self-starting 2nd Assistant Golf Course Superintendent, who will be an energetic leader, and an important member of the Golf Course Maintenance leadership team.
We believe in treating our employees with the same respect as our members and guests. In addition to our positive work culture, we offer competitive pay and a fantastic culture.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hourly Full-Time Year-Round Position
- A mountain climate environment that is busy during the season with the ability to enjoy the mountains in the off season
- 401K after a year, with a safe harbor match of up to 4%
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life & AD&D Insurance
- Summer and Winter Uniforms
- Lunch provided by the Club
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: assisting with the oversight of the overall maintenance practices of the golf course, ensuring proper mixing, handling and application of chemicals and fertilizers, ensuring proper use and maintenance of equipment, lead, direct and train employees regarding safe pesticide application practices.
Successful traits of candidate:
- Positive attitude demonstrates good listening, communication, organizational and management skills.
- Ability to multitask in a changing environment, changing priorities with high attention to detail.
- Self-starter, independent thinker, able to work independently in a “fast-paced” environment.
- Great personality, sense of humor, energetic, problem solver at heart, and takes pride in good decision making.
- Working as part of a team, collaborating and interacting with people from other departments.
- Three years of experience in golf course maintenance or landscape industry
- Must possess or be able to obtain Utah Pesticide Applicator’s License
- Must possess valid Driver’s License
- 1-2 years in a similar position with increasing responsibilities
- Strong attention to detail and or willingness to learn and develop in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to calibrate fertilizer and pesticide application equipment
- Knowledge f Rain Bird Irrigation System and irrigation repair
- Working knowledge of the maintenance of greens, tees, and fairways
- Ability to lead or willingness to learn to lead a team
- Willingness and desire to grow within the industry
- High School Degree
- Two year or four year turf degree preferred
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.applicantpro.com/j/3060370-79996