Our Company & Our Property
The Ranch at Blue Sky is nestled between the soaring peaks of Utah’s Wasatch and Uinta Mountain ranges, sitting on thousands of acres of some of the world’s most breathtakingly beautiful natural lands just moments from Park City. Blue Sky Utah is the ideal venue for weddings, private parties, receptions, corporate gatherings, and outdoor adventures of every kind. In addition to our event venues, we offer multiple high-end western-inspired mountain adventures on our spectacular 3,500 acres.
The Saving Gracie Equine Healing foundation is an equine/farm animal rescue tightly interwoven with Gracie’s Farm, Blue Sky Ranch, and The Lodge at Blue Sky.
The position of the Animal Care Specialist has the primary role of caring for all horses, cows and chickens that are residents of Gracie’s Farm.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Blue Sky family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. The Animal Care Specialist reports directly to the Executive Director and is an integral part of the guest experience and animal care. Duties/responsibilities include:
- Maintain safe, clean facilities for animals and guests
- Work directly with animals including horses, cows, and chickens for guest experiences and daily animal care
- Daily chores such as cleaning enclosures, graining, fly control, administering medications or other treatments
Must be able to work weekends and holidays as we cater to our traveling guests’ needs
- Work directly with other departments on the Ranch/at the Lodge to coordinate guests experiences and farm needs
Implement Forbes 5 star training into all guest interactions
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Work with Rehabilitation Specialist on rehabilitation plans as provided by herd veterinarian
- Track and manage equine rehabilitation programming
- Work with all equine vendors i.e. massage, pulse, dentist and farrier
- Manage all employee communication within the department
- Manage department communication with the whole Ranch as well as the Lodge
- Administer equine mediations, grain and supplements
- Demonstrated equine and farm animal experience.
- Passion for preserving and recreating in the outdoors.
- Promoting Blue Sky’s brand of Luxury Applied with Wild Abandon, and the Blue Sky customer service philosophy
- Must be available for extended hours and on-call as necessary guest events and inclement weather events.
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment including the ability to prioritize multiple demands and projects.
- Organized and detail oriented with an emphasis on impeccable cleanliness.
- Ability to work with and communicate with guests, vendors, peers, and managers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Must possess a valid driver license for purposes of operating ranch vehicles.
- Professional appearance and demeanor, excellent verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, multitask/manage multiple projects and achieve results.
- Positive attitude, resourceful nature, and excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Must be able to work in both indoor and outdoor environments and all weather.
- Must be able to safely lift to 30 lbs., climb, bend, reach, walk, stand, twist.
At Blue Sky, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures, and creating unforgettable memories. Inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Blue Sky is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Lodge at Blue Sky provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Lodge at Blue Sky complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://recruiting2.ultipro.com/BLU1025BSCRL/JobBoard/8b6e1df2-a6b1-43ae-aa6e-53e93df07eb4/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=13f60eeb-54ab-41d5-96c0-d408f34f08aa