Provides strategic direction and human resources consultation to leadership at hotels within assigned area. Ensuring alignment with Radisson Hotel Group America’s overall mission, vision, and values.
- Delivering on RHGA’s Values through partnering with a people first strategy, serving with integrity, delivering on commitments, celebrating differences, and protecting our world.
- Implements key human resource strategies within area to include training and development, performance management, benefits, recruitment, and associate relations.
- Responsible for coaching and developing human resource professionals within area.
- Interprets and ensures the fair, firm, and consistent application of processes, procedures, and compliance of all state, federal and local labor laws.
- Conducts, directs, and resolves associate investigations within a timely manner.
- Ensures the efficient delivery of human resources programs and tools.
- Partners with properties to develop effective recruitment, engagement, and retention strategies.
- Assists in the development the annual budget in conjunction with the Executive Committees.
Influencing and directing a work environment aligned with the brand’s culture
- Ensure properties are living and leading RHGA’s foundation of being the radically better hotel company by directing the associate journey, engaging and inclusive workplaces, fostering open and honest communication, communicating RHGA’s total rewards, and influencing a culture of doing good.
- Direct oversight of the associate journey through orientation, training, and development.
- Coaches managers on effective ways to motivate associates, communicate performance expectations, manage associate performance, and recognize exemplary service.
- Counsels managers and associates on effective ways to address and resolve employment related issues.
- Works with managers to develop their leadership skills through one-on-one coaching and formal training courses.
- Encourages recognition of associate’s contribution by creating and implementing hotel-wide recognition programs.
Oversees administration of human resources, payroll and benefits issues, and ensures adherence to employment related laws
- Responds as the escalation point for area human resource related questions within the area.
- Keeps current on applicable human resource laws including discrimination, health, safety, and privacy etc.
- Oversees all union issues and participates in the negotiation of contracts as appropriate or works with management on union avoidance.
- Direct leadership in management of employment records in accordance with the law.
- Ensures Payroll and Benefits have required information for accurate and timely processing of associate information; as needed, participate in local market research of benefits and compensation were applicable.
- Audits timecards for accuracy and consistency.
- Responds to associate pay and related inquiries.
- Work with the Solutions Center to coordinate the hotel’s response to legal claims regarding employment relationships.
- Direct leadership to communicate and enforce associate related policies and ensure that associates adhere to employment rules and regulations,
- Direct leadership to have a safe environment for guests, associates, and community by creating, communicating, and enforcing safety, loss prevention, and business resiliency standards.
Supports and advises the Talent Acquisition efforts within respected areas.
- Consults with area business units for optimizing talent and development efforts.
- Oversight of the talent review succession planning, in alignment with our performance management process.
- Builds and maintains relationships with potential labor sources.
- Works with managers to identify position requirements.
- Recruits candidates that demonstrate a good fit with the Radisson culture.
- Encourages associates to explore new roles within the hotel through personal/professional development.
Develops and implements strategies and practices which support associate engagement
- Take an active role in talent management by recruiting and developing the talent necessary to achieve individual/hotel/brand goals and assisting management in selecting engaged candidates.
- Direct leadership to communicate performance expectations and provides associates with on-going feedback to achieve performance objectives and reach their fullest potential.
- Drives associate engagement through the oversight, implementation, and follow-up of departmental action plans.
Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing the Radisson experience through performance that demonstrates the standards of genuine hospitality and exceeding guest expectations.
- Communicates and reinforces the vision for Yes I Can! service to associates.
- Provides associates with the training, tools, and resources they need to maximize associate engagement and deliver Yes I Can! service and teamwork
- Ensures that associates provide Yes I Can! genuine hospitality and teamwork on an ongoing basis.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and make employment decisions without regard to age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected class. Background checks are also required before employment begins.
Visa Requirements: We participate in E-Verify and all candidates must be in possession of identification providing authorization to work in the United States as defined in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1968 (IRCA). This position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas.
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://careers.radissonhotelsamericas.com/?store_id=Radisson%20Hotel%20Salt%20Lake%20City