Come join our team at Glenwild! We are the number one Golf Course in the State of Utah.
We offer comprehensive benefits, flexible schedules, golf benefits (in the summer), & lunch and dinner are provided.
SIGNING BONUS OF $500
The Assistant F&B and Wine/Bar Manager is responsible for the front of house operations of the Dining Room and Bar areas, and events requiring F&B staff. The Manager must set and maintain the high standards expected in the dining areas for all F&B staff. The purpose is to provide welcoming, knowledgeable, and efficient service to the Members and their guests in accordance with Glenwild operations, procedures, mission statement, and core values. Lead by example by nurturing and guiding Serving staff with ongoing training.
The Assistant Manager should know Members’ preferences and offer a very unique and customized service. They are responsible for overseeing the Food and Beverage operation, with and in the absence of the Food and Beverage Mananger.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the Food and Beverage Manager in training and supervising all staff.
- Sets the example for all other staff for service standards, menu knowledge, wine and beverage education, and overall service excellence.
- Works on the floor in the restaurant, exceeding Member and guest satisfaction as well as scheduling, ordering products and equipment, inventory and keeping daily manager logs.
- Has a strong background in wine and alcoholic beverage knowledge to be a strong support to the Bartenders, staff wine training, completing monthly alcohol inventories, maintaining accurate wine lists, assisting with wine purchases and recommendations and maintaining oversight of the bar area.
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Ensure that all Members and their guests feel welcomed and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Continually strive to develop staff in all areas of restaurant and professional development.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- 4-year college degree preferable or industry training equivalent – required.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs – required.
- Minimum 5 years of restaurant experience with at least two years at a supervisory or managerial level – required.
- Must be able to work most weekends and holidays.
- Must have excellent leadership, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be aware of safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Strong knowledge of the following: Five Star customer service; casual, fine dining and banquet food and beverage service; wine, training skills; and computers (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) – point of sale system experience a plus.
- CPR/1st Aid Certification (if not already acquired, will acquire upon employment).
- Food Safety Certification and Alcohol Serving Certificate (if not already acquired, will acquire upon employment)
- Experience in the private club industry, with a focus on food and beverage
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Glenwild is an EEO employer. All offers of employment with Glenwild are contingent on successful completion of a background check, and E-Verification.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.