Glenwild Golf Club and Spa in Park City, UT is looking to hire a full-time year-round Assistant Superintendent. Do you have the desire to work with a company that values and respects you? If so, please read on!
ABOUT GLENWILD GOLF CLUB AND SPA
Designed by Tom Fazio, one of the most celebrated golf course designers of our time, this 7,564-yard, par-71 championship course challenges players of all levels while complementing the breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape. With superb routing, awe-inspiring scenery, and a fine staff of caddies, the course features a meandering creek with a series of lakes and shot values that enhance its playability and scenic appeal, ensuring that it will become known as one of the finest golf courses in America. And that’s just the beginning.
Glenwild Golf Club is seeing a self-starting Assistant Superintendent, who will be an energetic leader, as part of the Golf Course Maintenance team and will be entrusted with the development and management of the golf course.
We believe in treating our employees with the same respect as our members and guests. In addition to our positive work culture, we offer competitive pay and a fantastic culture.
Why Glenwild Golf Club?
- You will be working in a team environment to develop and improve both the golf course and team with the best tools provided by a dedicated and active membership that is continually investing in our facilities and our people.
- Progressive work environment that utilizes the latest technologies, personnel, agronomic and golf course maintenance programs.
- Exposure to improve a Top 200 Golf Course designed by Tom Fazio with a current complete driving range and practice facility renovation lead by Tim Jackson with Jackson Kahn Design. Impending golf course renovation including but not limited to tees, bunkers, irrigation and cart path work.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hourly Full-Time Year-Round Position with Salary equivalent of $65,000 to $75,000 dependent on experience and Overtime
- 401K after a year
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Summer and Winter Uniforms
- Dues for local and national associations
- Continued education
- Lunch provided by the Club
Successful traits of candidate:
- Positive attitude demonstrates good listening, communication, organizational and management skills.
- Ability to multitask in a changing environment, changing priorities with high attention to detail.
- Self-starter, independent thinker, able to work independently in a “fast-paced” environment.
- Great personality, sense of humor, energetic, problem solver at heart, and takes pride in good decision making.
- Working as part of a team, collaborating and interacting with people from other departments.
Initial Priorities of the Position:
- Learn the culture and daily operational needs of the club to make an immediate impact.
- Develop relationships and rapport with existing team members and direct reports.
- Become proficient in daily course set up, chemical and fertilizer applications, mowing, hand-watering and irrigation practices of oneself and others to ensure the expectation of the membership are met on a daily basis.
- Develops leadership capabilities to instruct staff in planning, scheduling and execution of daily operations.
Starting in the Fall of 2022:
- Complete Driving Range and Short Game Renovation led by Tim Jackson and Landscapes Unlimited
- Complete Irrigation, Bunker, Tee and Cart path Renovation led by Tim Jackson.
- 1-2 years of experience in golf course, turf related business
- A 2 or 4 year degree/certificate in agronomy horticulture/plant/soil sciences is preferred but not required.
- Ability to obtain a Utah pesticide license within 90-days
- Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of the game of golf and turf industry
Glenwild Golf Club is a Top 200 Golf Club and #1 Rated Golf Club in Utah. The course, designed by Tom Fazio, one of America’s greatest architects, is located right outside Park City and 25 minutes to Salt Lake City. Glenwild Golf Club sits in private 950-acre private sanctuary with less than 200 homes with a magnificent clubhouse. A dedicated and active membership that is continually investing in our facilities and our people challenges to grow and improve Glenwild Golf Club.
Glenwild is an EEO employer and does not discriminate against any protected class. All offers of employment with Glenwild are contingent on successful completion of a background check, references and E-Verification.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.applicantpro.com/j/2622959-79996