The Assistant Pastry Chef is responsible for upholding the standards of the Party Kitchen during preparation of pastry items and with interactions with guests and fellow associates.
- Perform designated opening and closing duties of the pastry kitchen, keep dry storage and walk-ins clean and organized
- Receive and properly store all products
- Maintain a clean work area in pastry kitchen and all other operating areas of pastry.
- Oversee Prep, prepare, and execute all menu items to specification and directions of Executive Pastry Chef. Visually inspect appearance of all food for proper color combination and overall presentation to maintain appeal.
- Supervise all pastry staff including training and mentoring.
- Ordering to ensure proper stock levels of ingredients needed to operate the daily production and banquet demand.
- Attend BEO meeting in the absence of the Executive Pastry Chef.
- Follow all sanitation principles and procedures.
- Follow all hotel policies and procedures.
- High school degree required or GED equivalent
- Ability to read recipes and follow directions
- Ability to efficiently and safely handle knives, pots, pans, and kitchen equipment such as slicers, grinders, choppers, and mixers
- Visual acuity for near, depth, and color perception, reading menus and writing orders, and checking appearance of all food products
- Able to demonstrate culinary techniques such as cutting, cooking principles, plate presentations and proper sanitation and safety practices
- Two years of previous pastry experience in a high end restaurant, or educational equivalent
- Positive personality and good interpersonal skills for interfacing with members, guests, and staff
- Ability to make sound, common sense, and rational decisions in performance of duties
- Speak, read, and write the primary language (English) spoken in the work environment
- Must be available to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays
Walking and standing are required throughout the working day–length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task. Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water. The individual must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion and up to 35 pounds regularly.
In the United States we are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Related Jobs (169)
Bartender on 11/23/2021