Hotel Assistant General Manager – Hyatt House Pleasant Grove
This hotel position that you are applying for is managed by Sequoia Hospitality.
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing authentic hospitality and meaningful experiences to each and every guest. Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren’t just met-they’re exceeded. It’s a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry.
About Sequoia Hospitality –
We are a hotel management company that not only manages hotels but develops, designs, and builds them as well. You may work at a property that we’ve constructed from the ground up. With the experience of building hotels and managing them, we have the knowledge and vision for just what our staff and guests are looking for when experiencing a Sequoia property.
Although we have a significant amount of pride in the properties we build and/or manage, it will never replace the necessity to find the highest quality individuals to represent Sequoia and who we are. As a member of this team, you will be highly regarded for your customer service skills, your dedication to quality, and your uniqueness and authenticity that bring life, and synergy to this property. We believe you will find your new position rewarding, challenging, and meaningful. You will have countless opportunities to make a positive difference with your co-workers and guests each day. The impact of a smile or kind gesture to both guests and fellow employees alike can never be understated. We believe in an environment where we extend ourselves to help one another whether or not it is in our job description.
Being a part of Sequoia Hospitality you will find support you in your daily role, and we work to help you meet your professional goals, all while maintaining a work/life balance. We value you!
Together, we are strong and majestic like the Sequoia tree; standing out with beauty and a will to persevere through time; to leave an impression that generates positivity and growth.
We want your talents and strength at Sequoia Hospitality!
About HYATT house –
HYATT house is an extended-stay, residential-style hotel that aims to provide individual travelers with the feel of a modern condominium. The 137 room, all-suite property offers comforts of home such as fully equipped kitchens, flat panel HDTVs and free high-speed internet access. The public space features facilities such as a pool, a fitness center and a business center. A full breakfast every morning and a bar service in the evenings. HYATT house properties are located in urban, airport and suburban locations and can accommodate small corporate meetings and corporate clients seeking to place their employees on extended assignment. At the HYATT house we are our guests’ home away from home.
Assistant General Manager Job Overview – HYATT House Pleasant Grove –
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Motivates and encourages staff
- Maintain a high level of employee satisfaction in the for the front desk, and food and beverage staff
- Assigns duties to staff and observes performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures
- Meets with staff on a daily/weekly basis to ensure proper hotel communication
- Receives and resolves guest complaints and employee challenges
- Monitor the weekly accounts payables
- Ensure hotel bank is correct
- Monitor overtime, and ensure schedules are being followed
– Other Duties as assigned
- Work side by side with the housekeepers to monitor speed and performance of employees.
- Work side by side with the breakfast crew to ensure guest satisfaction
- Pass off employees as eligible for raises and promotions.
- Covers shifts as needed to ensure proper hotel operation
- Work Manager on Duty Shifts
- Schedule is variable, and will include weekends, and holidays
- All other duties needed to ensure the successful hotel operation
- 1 – 3 + years’ prior hotel operations experience
- Elevated computer skills required
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to effectively work with very little or no supervision
- Must be a leader, a driver and bottom line oriented
Job Type: Full-time
- Hotel Management: 3 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 3 year (Preferred)
- Associate (Required)
Job Type: Full-time