You enjoy teaming up to create an atmosphere where things happen, but you really shine when inspiring others into action. And, your sharp eye for detail ensures perfect set-up and safe breakdown of event spaces. Whether setting stage for an A-Lister or getting down to business, you’ve got what it takes to orchestrate success. Then this Banquet Captain position may be a great opportunity for you.
As Banquet Captain, you will:
- Understand Banquet Event Orders to ensure safe, efficient event set up and break down.
- Help set up and break down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment.
- Complete prep and side work efficiently so focused attention during the event can be given fully to guest care.
- Provide genuinely friendly, professional guest service.
- Respond to guest questions, requests, and concerns with prompt courtesy.
- Be familiar with event offerings in order to describe and delight guests with menu ingredients and preparations.
- Tactfully employ “suggestive selling,” when appropriate.
- At least 1 year of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required. High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Alcohol Awareness Certification (must comply with State regulations)
- Food Serving Certification (must comply with State regulations)
- Must be able to work varying shifts based on business and client demand, including nights, weekends, and holiday as necessary.
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Room Discounts
- Employee Food and Beverage Discounts
EEO: Driftwood Hospitality Management is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://careers.driftwoodhospitality.com/jobs/search/where/salt%20lake