Bambara – Salt Lake City
Why We’re Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people’s lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You’re here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It’s what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We’re Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you – with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality – is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That’s what we seek out and celebrate. It’s people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don’t need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others’ lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that’s a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you’ll feel it too.
What You’ll Do
As the Banquet Chef, you’ll maintain a clean work station, be efficient and have the ability to work in a team environment! In this role you’ll also be responsible for working knowledge of cooking techniques, seasonal ingredients, and also possess a desire to learn about new techniques and ingredients.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Provide banquet guests excellent food quality, consistency, reasonable prices, in an attractive environment and with professional service. Responsibilities include managing the culinary functions to meet food quality goals.
- Create and maintain a sound working relationship with all banquet culinary team.
- Must be familiar with health requirements, OSHA regulations and Department of Labor regulations as they pertain to all kitchen and restaurant employees.
- Prevent the spoiling and contamination of foods by enforcing proper sanitation practices and ensuring compliance with policy and health regulations.
- Know and comply consistently with our standard portion size, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies, and procedures.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line stations to ensure a smooth service period.
- Provide excellent quality and presentation of all food to the guests. The demonstration, preparation and execution of each menu item and the item specifications and presentation will be agreed upon.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness in kitchen facilities, including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Attend weekly BEO and Resume meetings.
- Work closely with the Catering and Banquets teams to ensure smooth execution of functions from start to finish.
What You’ll Bring
- 2+ years relative experience in a kitchen of similar size.
- Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to help beyond this job description and wear multiple hats, as we all do at Kimpton!
- Food Handler Certification, Alcohol Awareness Certification (if applicable).
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here opens a pdf file.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?_fromPublish=true&c=1054241&d=KimptonHotelsAndRestaurants-External#/
Related Jobs (44)
Food Server – Nutrition Care Patient Service Representative on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Patient Services Representative – Food Server on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Sanitation/Tray Line Stocker (Dishwasher) on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Patient Services Representative – Food Server – Evenings on November 22, 2022 Part Time
Nutrition Care Sanitation/Tray Line Stocker (Dishwasher) EVENINGS on November 22, 2022 Full Time