Effectively monitor the daily operations of the Banquet Department, including providing support and guidance to fellow banquet personnel to ensure a successful and effective operation ending in a positive guest experience.
- Review all written communication, i.e., resumes, daily/weekly, Banquet Event Orders to determine appropriate staffing levels, room/station assignments, buffet décor and enhancements as they relate to banquets and meeting room set-ups. Communicate all changes within the Banquet Department and adjusts according to the above items. Communicate information to the kitchen and other supportive departments prior to and during events.
- Responsible for maintaining a strong client relationship and ensuring that all convention specifications are communicated to and executed by all hotels operating departments making for a successful meeting experience for the meeting planner and attendees. Maintain constant communication with the Event/Catering Sales Manager as it applies to the client at hand.
- Responsible for the appropriate and timely set up of all functions and meetings while maintaining standards of food, beverage, and meeting specifications. Communicate all daily activities, in person or by log, to the other banquet personnel to ensure smooth transition and follow-up from one function to another.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of all policies, procedures, and quality standards within the department, utilizing a continuous improvement approach to ensure a high quality, cost effective and customer focused operation.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of a training plan to ensure a high-quality presentation and level of customer service within the banquet service/function service staffs.
- Manage the inventory, control and breakage/loss reduction of china, glass, and silver as it relates to function services and banquet services.
- Give daily support and guidance to fellow banquet personnel as well as monitor job performance to ensure a successful meeting/banquet experience by our guests.
- Maintain a high level of service by constantly training and coaching all direct reports and staff.
- Inspect and oversee the cleanliness and maintenance of all function space, public areas, and service areas on all banquet levels. Coordinate with Housekeeping and Engineering to ensure the highest level of product delivery.
- Responsible for scheduling and payroll for the Banquet Department.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Driftwood Hospitality Management, LLC and brand standards rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the requirements of the hotel:
- Introduce and recommend preferred vendors as determined with the revenue goal of the hotel.
- Participate in china, glassware, silverware, and linen inventories as necessary.
- Maintain solid and open communications with all hotel operating departments.
- Maintain good working relations with preferred vendors of the hotel and ensure adherence to function space policies and all codes and regulations.
- Maintain up-to-date information on program and food and beverage events.
- Attend all department and hotel meetings as necessary.
- Supervise support staff and provide ongoing training and support as necessary.
- Maintain accurate par levels and inventory of supplies and equipment within the department.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their comparable state and local laws (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA.
High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Five or more years of food and beverage service background and prior hospitality experience required.
Licenses or Certificates
Must maintain a valid Food Handler’s and Alcohol Serving Permit as required by state law.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance per Driftwood Hospitality Management, LLC, and brand standards.