The Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown is looking for an outgoing, charismatic person for the position of Banquet Server.
As an essential part of the banquet team in creating a great experience for our clientele, Banquet Servers are responsible for:
Setting tables, preparing order for presentation to guest, serving food, coffee, water and other beverages, refilling beverages as needed.
Clearing tables throughout the dining experience using proper methods for removing dishes, glassware and silverware.
Cooperating closely with other servers to meet and exceed guests’ expectations.
Assisting in the set up and break down of meetings, conventions and banquet events and customer needs.
Setting up furniture, seating and equipment according to event orders.
Removing debris from public areas, store all banquet furniture and equipment.
Assisting in the set up and break down of meetings, conventions and banquet events and customer needs
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Follow direction from Banquet supervisor, captain and/or F&B Manager or other Lead Server. Provide the service of food and beverage as stated by Banquet Event Orders:
- Ability to read and understand a Banquet Event Order.
- Attend pre-shift meeting with Supervisor/Lead Server/Manager.
- Effectively work as a team with other banquet servers, hotel vendors and others.
- Source all service items, props, display items to execute the event.
- Communicate with kitchen to coordinate delivery and pickup of prepared food items.
- Display and design all buffet and food presentation stations in accordance with Radisson standards or as described by Manager or Captain.
- Label all food products.
- Communicate with kitchen to coordinate delivery and pickup of service items.
- Provide accurate consumption sheets for each event / event ID.
- Provide professional service etiquette while serving guests.
- Meet all timeline expectations as assigned.
- Follow all safety and security procedures.
Abide by legal standards, Health code and/or TIPS alcohol training guidelines for alcohol service to guests.
Works as a Team member to maintain pleasant work environment:
- Maintain a positive inter-departmental relationship through the hotel and with outside vendors.
- Follows the Carlson Attendance Policy.
- Reports to work dressed according to Carlson Grooming Standards.
Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing the Radisson experience through performance that demonstrates the standards of, genuine hospitality and exceeding guest expectations:
- Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service.
- Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems.
- Provides Yes I Can! genuine hospitality and teamwork on an ongoing basis.
- Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate to use the 100% Guest Satisfaction.
Performs other duties as required by Management to provide 100% Guest Satisfaction and genuine hospitality to our Guests.
- Possess completion of the Food Handler’s Permit
- Experience at a similar size and quality hotel recommended;
- Candidate must have exceptional people skills with the ability to build trust and relationships;
- Organizational, time management skills and the ability to network within the business arena.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds
- Must possess a team spirited attitude and a willingness to help
- Ability to effectively communicate with department managers, team members and guests
- Ability to retain and give general hotel information
- Ability to hear with 100% accuracy with correction
Ability to stand and exert well-paced mobility for an eight (8) hour shift
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and make employment decisions without regard to age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected class. Background checks are also required before employment begins.
Visa Requirements: We participate in E-Verify and all candidates must be in possession of identification providing authorization to work in the United States as defined in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1968 (IRCA). This position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas.
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://careers.radissonhotelsamericas.com/?store_id=Radisson%20Hotel%20Salt%20Lake%20City
Related Jobs (30)
Starbucks Barista on September 25, 2022