The overall objective and purpose of Banquet Set Up is to provide exceptional guest services for resort events by assisting with the maintenance and coordination of banquets and events by providing set-up, break down, and post event clean-up of all assigned events.
- Set up and break down of banquet and events space per Banquet Event Order (BEO) instructions, including tables, table complements, table linens, table settings, center pieces, dishes, and all other event provisions.
- Ensure that areas are properly set and ready for execution at the appointed time.
- Observe guests to fulfill any additional requests and anticipate future needs.
- Provide friendly and professional guest service with genuine care.
- Respond promptly, courteously, and effectively to guest inquiries, requests, and concerns.
- Coordinate details and work collaboratively with guest contact person, banquet servers, conference service manager, and kitchen staff to ensure accurate set up.
- Actively participate in pre-function meetings.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of banquet spaces, before, during, and after events.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to respond quickly and accurately to guest requests.
- Be a professional, enthusiastic, responsible, and dependable team member.
- Possess good organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain composure in a high-volume environment.
- Willingness to work in a collaborative environment with team members from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Previous restaurant or customer service experience preferred.
EDUCATION/ FORMAL TRAINING
- No prior experience or training required.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Food Handlers Permit or complete certification during initial 30 days of hire.
- This position is 90% indoors and 10% outdoors and may be exposed to wet, hot, or cold conditions at times.
- Moderate noise level and at times may be loud.
- Available to work day, evening, night, weekends and/ or occasional holidays.
- High traffic/ volume environment and will be required to spend a majority of time on feet.
- Ability to lift, pull, push, and transport up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend and squat repeatedly as well as reach high and low objects.
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Walk safely around busy tables and kitchen.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Basic Life and AD&D insurance
- Accident & Critical Illness insurance
- Paid time off for vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Eligible to participate in the Company’s 401(k) program with employer matching
- Complimentary employee lunch
- Free golf!
- Friends & Family Discount at Homestead
- Eligible to participate in the Employee Referral Bonus Program
Homestead is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://homesteadresort.com/careers/