Are you a Barista extra-ordinaire who would like to get your foot in the door and work at a hotel?
Well, if so, we may be just the place you would like to explore!
As the Barista, you will be joining our guest services team as we take care of our guests and provide excellent service.
Just like the sweet aroma that will perk our lobby and the caffeine that energizes our guests, your customer-focused personality will be vivacious and engaging.
Here’s how the job would look like:
The Barista is responsible for providing the highest quality of service possible to guests in an efficient and courteous manner while maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the hours of operation. This coffee connoisseur will promote coffee consumption by selling and serving coffee and coffee drinks, along with other fresh and healthy “grab and go” items.
Here are your job responsibilities and expectations:
- Ability to walk and stand for the entire shift while approaching and servicing guests with all food and beverage requirements in an attentive, friendly, courteous and professional manner. Reports all issues and complaints to management.
- Welcomes customers by determining their coffee interests and needs, and educates customers by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu; answering questions.
- Prepares and sells coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as, espresso, caffe latte, and cappuccino.
- Clear, clean and reset tables as needed and perform medium work exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly lift, carry, push, or otherwise move objects
- Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies for coffee bar.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes; maintaining and improving the appearance of the coffee bar.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading coffee, retail trade, and food service publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Sweep, mop and vacuum floors to ensure that coffee shop/bar and hallways are free from service debris
- Be familiar with the organization of the coffee shop/restaurant and lounge and know the function of each job position
- Perform opening and closing procedures, and side work duties according to station rotation assignment to ensure tables and side stands are kept stocked, tidy and clean.
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations and maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by guests and fellow associates.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions to carry out cashiering functions in closing checks and servicing the guest, and use the POS system in the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working,
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with property standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.