Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you – with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality – is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That’s what we seek out and celebrate. It’s people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don’t need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others’ lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that’s a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you’ll feel it too.
What You’ll Do
Prepare and serve drinks for guests in a professional, courteous, and timely manner, all the while providing outstanding service to our guests along the way. You’ll act as an advocate for the bar/restaurant, be a creator of ridiculously personal experiences, and develop relationships with guests that will compel them to return.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Greet and welcome our guests and promptly serve them food and beverages.
- Pour drinks, using standard pour according to specifications, receive and process orders in the POS system with accuracy.
- Serve food and drinks to guests, along with filling orders for the servers.
- Notify a manager if a guest is becoming intoxicated or rude to other guests.
- Fill and clean ice bins, clean and empty trash cans, change kegs, stock beer and wine coolers.
- Clean shelving, stainless steel, mixers, cups, blenders, and soda guns.
- Follow uniform and grooming specifications.
- Maintain cooperative communication with support crew and management.
- Unpack deliveries and stock the bar.
- We all wear multiple hats here at Kimpton. You may need to take on responsibilities outside of this job post at times, as we all do.
What You Bring
- 1 year of bartending experience is preferred.
- Passion for crafting and personalizing guest experiences.
- Excellent wine and spirits knowledge, great communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledgeable of credit card and cash handling procedures, as well as recording accurate tip-out sheets, and calculating accurate bill amounts.
- Food Handler and Alcohol Serving Certifications (if applicable).
- Flexible schedule and are able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when needed.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here opens a pdf file.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?_fromPublish=true&c=1054241&d=KimptonHotelsAndRestaurants-External#/
Related Jobs (43)
Food Server – Nutrition Care Patient Service Representative on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Patient Services Representative – Food Server on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Sanitation/Tray Line Stocker (Dishwasher) on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Patient Services Representative – Food Server – Evenings on November 22, 2022 Part Time
Nutrition Care Sanitation/Tray Line Stocker (Dishwasher) EVENINGS on November 22, 2022 Full Time