The Homestead offers guests the opportunity to return to a more nostalgic time, allowing each guest to create a classic experience that cannot be duplicated— complete with charming accommodations, peaceful conference facilities, comfortable dining, and boundless recreation amidst classic architecture and incredible atmosphere. We are looking for associates to enhance guest’s experiences through exemplary service and attentiveness.
We host special events from meetings to weddings and celebrations. We are looking for experienced banquet bartenders to serve drinks to guests at special events. They should be able to make a variety of popular cocktails, must be familiar with different types of wine and beer, and must have experience handling a high volume of beverage sales. We prefer candidates who have worked for several years as an event or catering bartender and who hold a bartending certification.
- Follow all state and local laws for serving alcohol responsibly (e.g., last call times).
- Complete Utah Alcohol On Premise service training within 30 days of employment.
- Prepare drink orders for guests according to specified recipes using measuring systems.
- Maintain cleanliness and condition of bar, bar unit (CO2 lines, soda tanks, soda guns, drain, etc.), tables, and other tools, following all set-up guidelines.
- Prepare fresh garnishes for drinks.
- Document and communicate any incidents/accidents immediately to management and Loss Prevention during shift or event.
- Stock ice, glassware, and paper supplies.
- Requisition all necessary supplies, specifically bottle-for-bottle liquor restock, transporting supplies from storeroom to bar set-up area as required.
- Remove soiled wares from bar top and tables and place in designated area.
- Anticipate and communicate replenishment needs promptly, ensuring no shortages throughout scheduled function time, and ensuring proper authorization for additional payments as required prior to replenishing.
- Follow appropriate procedures for serving alcohol (e.g., TIPs (Training for Intervention Procedures), CARE (Control Alcohol Risks Effectively)).
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
- Assist your department and other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Report any employee, guest, and/or vendor incidents and accidents to management at the time of the incident and/or accident.
- Secure liquors, beers, wines, coolers, cabinets, and storage areas.
- Complete closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipment and areas, returning equipment to proper locations, locking refrigerators, restocking items, turning off lights, locking doors, and completing daily cleaning checklist.
- Count bank at end of shift, complete designated cashier reports, resolve any discrepancies, drop off receipts, and secure bank.
- Follow property control audit standards and cash handling procedures (e.g., blind drops).
- Transport bank to/from assigned workstation, following security procedures.
- Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies, obtaining change required for expected business level, and keeping bank secure at all times.
- Process all payment methods in accordance with accounting procedures and policies.
- High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
Related Work Experience
- At least 1 year of related work experience
- No Supervisor experience needed
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=16203&clientkey=34DD0A8F9819D810F405FEFBFB264077
Related Jobs (27)
Attendant – Food Runner/ Server Assistant – La Stellina on December 5, 2023 Part Time