The Bell Captain is responsible for providing Grand Experiences through Grand Service to our guests from arrival to departure. The Bell Captain is responsible for maintaining Forbes 5 star standards throughout the arrival, departure, and public areas of the hotel. The Bell Captain’s primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the supervision of luggage delivery and retrieval on the arrival and departure, valet parking, guest requests, guest packages, and general supervision of the Guest Services daily operation. The Bell Captain works closely with the Concierge team, and assists guests at both the bell desk, and over the telephone, on any guest services-related inquiries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Include the following, but are not limited to);
• Greet and direct guests in a friendly, helpful manner.
• Uphold, train and mentor team members on Forbes Travel Guide Standards. Ensure that all team members are meeting standards throughout their shift.
• Assist the Guest Service Manager with coaching, mentoring, and other administrative needs as deemed necessary.
• Supervise doorman and Bell associates in carrying out assigned duties for guests
• Store guest luggage upon request and assist in loading and unloading vehicles
• Ensure the safety and security of all guest vehicles and personal belongings left in the possession of The Little America Hotel
• Prepare and maintain all paperwork for accuracy of operations (i.e. porterage, packages, etc.)
• Post charges to guest folios, while ensuring the accuracy of parking, transportation, porterage, and package charges to the appropriate billing account.
• Utilize the hotel’s task management/concierge program, ALICE, to ensure the accurate reporting of guest requests, facility repairs, transportation, and any other guest-related items.
• Provide accurate directions, maps, brochures, etc
• Assist the Front Desk in delivering quick and efficient service to hotel guests
• Ensure bellmen are actively escorting our guests at the Front Desk, ensuring that staffing levels are appropriate to provide service.
• Assist the front drive-in parking vehicles when necessary, and ensuring that all team members are posted up in their appropriate positions.
• Uphold uniform standards and department for appearance and operational effectiveness
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty exceptionally. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• 1 year or equivalent in the customer service industry (preferably hotel experience)
Skilled in building relationships with guests and staff
• Ability to Utilize Opera (Hotel’s Property Management System, ALICE, and Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
• Must be able to work independently
• Able to lift at least 50 pounds
• Excellent people skills
• Flexibility to work day and evening shifts, weekends, and holidays
• Team player with a desire to support both guests and staff members and meet/exceed team and guest expectations
• Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
• Must be able to converse, understand and follow written and verbal instructions in English
• Able to stand for an 8-hour shift at the Bell Desk.
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
• Able to park guests vehicles using manual and automatic transmissions
• Verbally pass along all appropriate information to the Guest Services Manager/Bell Captains and appropriately enter it into the daily log as necessary
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://saltlake.littleamerica.com/careers/job-openings/
Related Jobs (35)
Starbucks Barista on September 25, 2022