Snowbasin Resort believes that people are at the center of everything we do, from caring for our employees and guests, to serving the communities where we live. We are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in hiring, training, and career advancement. Building a community that is respectful and kind towards one another is who we are.
Responsible for providing support to cashiers, supervisors and managers. Verifies the accuracy of daily payment receipts. Generates and reviews required reports. Prepares and balances bank deposits. This is a position of internal guest service, supporting cashiers from all departments and helping in other areas as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Offers excellent customer service and communication skills to both internal and external customers
2. Accurately audits daily payments against cashier reports
3. Preparation of daily bank deposit, balancing against system reports
4. Supports cashiers with start of shift and end of day closing
5. Places change orders, maintaining accurate daily logs
6. Prepares cashier banks and assists with distribution of change to points-of-sale
7. Identifies and resolves problems with the support of the accounting manager
8. Track, report and maintain accountability on cashier drops and variances
9. Maintains cleanliness of work spaces and equipment
10. Assists in other duties as needed
Computer, Printers, Copiers, Currency Machines
RESPONSIBILITIES TO SAFETY:
1. Maintain a safe work environment.
2. Aware of the Mountain Safety Code
3. Proper footwear for winter conditions
Applicants must be 18 or older. Team oriented, having the ability to work with others. Well organized with attention to detail. Possessing the ability to work with technology including accounting software. Available to regularly work weekends and holidays.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma, Associates degree a plus.
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Previous Cash Handling experience preferred.
Previous Accounting experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT: Ability to lift and carry 25 to 30 pounds.
NOTE: This job description shall not be construed as a contract for employment. Snowbasin Resort is an at-will employer. As a prerequisite to employment, a criminal background check is required. Results of a background check are not automatic grounds for disqualification.