You’ll be responsible for sales and operations of the catering and private dining departments, and spend your primary time on direct selling. As well as be a liaison between the restaurant and the hotel, and between the client and banquet operations. Responsibilities will also include staying current on industry trends, and you seek creative ways to infiltrate markets and accounts.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Maintain appropriate balance of account maintenance, prospecting for new business, and build profitable relationships with clients.
- Produce marketing plan and assist in developing the annual sales budget with the restaurant team. Implement a monthly action plan in order to meet and exceed the budgeted sales goals.
- Complete weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual production reports; as well as weekly and monthly sales activity reports.
- Assist the Director of Catering in developing specific goals and strategies in assigned territory to positively impact revenues.
- Detailed knowledge of property, space, capacities, concept, and food style (menus). Review and update menus, packages, and upgrades as requested to satisfy client needs and to maximize revenue.
- Be familiar with the hotel’s competitive set and shared accounts.
- Optimally cross-sell with sister restaurants and hotels for referral business.
- Communicate a clear sense of strategic direction and goals for assigned territories and markets.
- Maintains accurate and detailed notes and traces for accounts within the PMS and Catering Database.
- Join and attend appropriate market organizations.
- Adhere to the “Sundown Rule” for all client correspondence.
- Supervise execution of banquets on occasion.
- Expertise of the restaurant’s overall layout, rate structure, and capacities.
What You Bring
- 2+ years of hospitality experience, ideally within a restaurant or related banquet setting.
- Previous structured sales training course is a plus.
- You’re highly creative, with strong sales and interpersonal skills!
- You’ve got great communication skills both internally and externally.
- Professional phone etiquette, writing skills, and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Well organized, detail-oriented, with excellent follow-up skills.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.