JOB DESCRIPTION – CONTROLLER
|REPORTS TO:||General Manager, Hostmark Hospitality Group|
|College degree in accounting or equivalent experience. Computer literate.|
|MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:||· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Must have command of the English language, written and verbal.
· Must have mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances frequently used.
· Must be able to organize time effectively and work flexible and extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
· Must be proficient and experienced with current computer software programs.
· Able to sit for extended periods of time, able to lift supplies, packages, etc
· Good hearing and vision with or without corrective lenses.
- Controls all revenues received and dispersed.
- Maintains adequate internal control to safeguard the assets of the hotel.
- Supervises the financial department, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, general accounting, general cashiers, and night auditors.
- Plans and implements accounting procedures and systems.
- Assists in preparing the financial analysis of operations.
- Assists in preparing reports outlining the hotel’s financial position in areas of income, expense and earnings based on past, present, and future operations.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets and financial forecasts.
- Maintains files of all contracts, payroll, etc.
- Hires, fires, train, and develop employees under his/her supervision.
- Completes special assignments as requested.
- Assists in preparing accounting analysis as directed by HHG or the General Manager.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
APPEARANCE AND GROOMING: All staff members are required to follow the guidelines set forth by the associate handbook.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos, ability to write simple correspondence, ability to effectively present one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other staff members of the organization and hospitality community.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages and ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
REASONING ABILITY: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished written, oral, or diagram form, ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations and ability to address customer personalities in various business situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, to handle and feel objects, tools controls and type; talk with and hear guests. The staff member is occasionally required to stand and walk. The staff member must occasionally lift and/or move up to ____ pounds. The specific vision abilities required are close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CitySalt Lake City