“We offer a new competitive hourly pay rate and our New Hire $750.00 Sign on bonus!”
This position prepares a variety of food service items by following established hospital recipes and procedures. Incumbents may be given the responsibility to lead the activities of other cooks and perform advanced duties associated with the preparation and cooking of food products. The position is not responsible for providing patient care.
- Bakes, roasts, stews, fries, steam-cooks, or otherwise prepares food products for cooking by following instructions and standard hospital recipes.
- Utilizes knowledge of cooking methods and preparation time requirements to ensure that adequate amounts of properly prepared foods are provided in a timely fashion.
- Uses cooking knowledge and experience to adjust recipes for factors such as altitude, special diet orders, etc.
- Adheres to manufacturer instructions and standard hospital kitchen procedures when operating machinery and equipment used in cooking including slicers, choppers, steamers, broilers, griddles, fryers, braziers, blenders, microwaves, etc.
- Weighs cooking products, as required, ensuring proper portion delivery.
- Cleans the work area, refrigerators, stoves, ovens, storeroom, and utensils in order to comply with hospital, county and state sanitation requirements.
- Performs quality checks for taste and appearance of finished food products.
- Uses department-specific computer software and daily menus to complete purchase and issue requisitions and to forecast cooking production for the cafeteria, catering, day care area, and patient needs.
- Sets up and stocks area for food service delivery and assists in serving cooked items.
- Orders, rotates, and maintains adequate stock levels required for cooking production by estimating needs according to the production schedule.
- Assists in completing all aspects of cooking production to ensure that ordered items are delivered on time.
- Assists with catering functions including food preparation, set-up, presentation and clean-up.
- May develop, modify, or experiment with hospital recipes and cooking procedures to improve kitchen output or services.
- Two years of institutional cooking experience, or the equivalency.
- One of the following
- Current Utah Food Handler Permit.
- Current Food Protection Manager certification, accredited by ANSI.
* Additional license requirements as determined by the hiring department.
- Previous food production experience in a health care setting.
- Previous supervisory experience may be preferred for some positions.
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://employment.utah.edu/salt-lake-city-ut/cook/E3858757ED5245058CCAD4636C76DEF6/job/?mode=job&iis=SOURCE&iisn=SOURCENAME
Related Jobs (43)
Food Server – Nutrition Care Patient Service Representative on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Patient Services Representative – Food Server on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Sanitation/Tray Line Stocker (Dishwasher) on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Patient Services Representative – Food Server – Evenings on November 22, 2022 Part Time
Nutrition Care Sanitation/Tray Line Stocker (Dishwasher) EVENINGS on November 22, 2022 Full Time