If you are an experienced Cook wishing to join a skilled, professional culinary team, look no further! Beautiful Zermatt Utah in Midway, Utah is seeking a qualified and experienced Line Cook.
- Commit to kitchen standards and expectations, while exercising common sense.
- Proper usage and handling of various kitchen machinery such as knives, slicers, food processors, blenders, grinders, mixers, and other kitchen related equipment.
- Possess & maintains a working knowledge of no less than 2 stations and displays a willingness to perform in each
- Assist with setting up and stocking work areas with all necessary food, supplies and equipment.
- Assist with the preparation of various foods, such as cooking basic sauces, soups and vegetable dishes.
- Perform a variety of more complex cooking tasks, such as sautéing, grilling, roasting, braising, etc.
- Ensure the proper preparation and presentation of various entrees and side dishes.
- Practice correct food handling and food storage procedures according to federal, state, local and company regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This is a full-time or part-time position which requires flexibility in scheduling as well as availability on nights, weekends and holidays.
- Preferred two years of professional cooking experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Ability to work in a high-volume restaurant and banquet kitchen environment.
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Must be efficient and possess a good working knowledge of food safety practices.
- Food handler certification.
- Frequent bending, standing and walking for extended periods of time required.
- Manage guest orders in a friendly, timely and efficient manner.
- Possess a basic level of culinary math and recipe conversion.
- Can read recipes and follow their instructions.
- Monitor foods for quality of taste, texture and appearance.
- Understand and implement basic culinary tasks and procedures such as FIFO, labeling, sanitation, cleanliness, and protein storage.
*Midway Properties Group, LLC (dba Zermatt Utah Resort & Spa) is an equal opportunity employer*
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://zermatt.applicantpool.com/jobs/801245.html