If you are an experienced Cook wishing to join a skilled, professional culinary team, look no further! Beautiful Zermatt Utah in Midway, Utah is seeking a qualified and experienced Line Cook.
- Oversee a variety of food preparation tasks and complex cooking tasks and be able to teach them: such as cleaning and cutting of fruits and vegetables, preparing soups and sauces, portioning of meats, sautéing, grilling, roasting, braising, etc.
- Ability to create recipes and specials.
- Possess a working knowledge of all stations and an ability to prepare all menu items for customers in a timely and consistent manner maintaining standards set by the chef and sous chef.
- Assist the sous chef in their absence to ensure that cleanliness, food safety and quality standards are maintained.
- Ensure recipes are followed, proper preparation of mis en place, and presentation of all entrees and side dishes.
- Monitor all foods for quality of taste, texture and appearance.
- Monitor all food production methods for cost and time efficiency. Make suggestions to improve quality of kitchen environment and production.
- Posses a thirst for knowledge by asking questions, personal study, and experimentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This is a full-time position which requires flexibility in schedule as well as availability on nights, weekends and holidays.
- Preferred training in a culinary arts school or 3-5 years of professional cooking experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Ability to work in a high-volume restaurant and banquet kitchen environment.
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Must be efficient and possess a good working knowledge of food safety practices.
- Frequent bending, standing and walking for extended periods of time required.
- Food Safety manager certification preferred, food handler certification required.
- Have a broad base of professional cooking knowledge and skills, including restaurant kitchen operations, and be able to teach them.
- Good administrative, math and supervisory skills. Some previous supervisory inventory control, ordering, and menu planning experience is a plus.
- Manage guest orders in a friendly, timely and efficient manner.
- Possess a thorough understanding of culinary math and recipe conversion.
- Thorough understanding of food allergies and dietary restrictions and ability to adjust menu items to suit individual needs.
*Midway Properties Group, LLC (dba Zermatt Utah Resort & Spa) is an equal opportunity employer*
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://zermatt.applicantpool.com/jobs/801242.html