The Homestead Resort and Golf Club is looking for a dynamic and adventurous Cook. As an experienced cook, you are responsible for performing the full cooking process using established recipes. This includes preparing and measuring ingredients; grilling, broiling, baking, frying, and sautéing; testing for doneness and taste; adjusting seasoning and temperature for best results; and attractive food presentation. In casual facilities, fully responsible for all aspects of a cooking station. Ensures cooking station or area is sanitary and fully functional.
- Properly prepare station to execute food preparation in a sanitary environment.
- Stock station with the appropriate quantity of prepared menu items to quality standards and expected business levels.
- Cook and prepare food according to recipes.
- Plate and garnish to standard.
- Comply with health code standards at all times.
- Maintain station throughout shift to ensure smooth execution of menu items.
- Follow The Homestead standards for rotating and labeling food.
- Store food at the proper temperature.
- Clean and sanitize equipment used.
- Clean work area prior to checking out with the Chef.
- Contribute to a positive work environment.
- Exhibit more than basic knife skill, and understand differences in knife cuts.
- Fill out prep sheets clearly and accurately.
- Multi-task while cooking, prepping and working clean daily.
- Clean and organize coolers before end of shift.
- Minimize waste.
Slate Canyon Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=11951&clientkey=34DD0A8F9819D810F405FEFBFB264077