At Grand America Hotels & Resorts, we are devoted to a tradition of excellence, providing memorable experiences, beautiful backdrops, and genuine service. Established in 1952 by the Holding family, the Grand America Hotels & Resorts’ distinctive collection includes The Grand America Hotel (Salt Lake City, Utah,) Sun Valley Resort (Sun Valley, Idaho,) Snowbasin Resort (Huntsville, Utah,) The Westgate Hotel (San Diego, California,) and Little America Hotel locations in Salt Lake City, Utah; Flagstaff, Arizona; Cheyenne, Wyoming and Little America, Wyoming. When it comes to outdoor adventure, family getaways, and destination meetings, Grand America Hotels & Resorts’ properties offer everything needed to ensure an unforgettable stay.
Cosmetologists with the Grand America Hotel will provide our guests and clients with professional and precise services and advice. Applicants should be on the cutting edge of trends and styles in hair and beauty techniques, with the ability to transform clients from simple to spectacular in a single sitting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide consultations to potential guests as needed
• Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of work area
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date guest records
• Complete services within the designated time-frames
• Contribute to events or promotions as needed
• Strive for the overall success of the department as a whole
• Educate guests and clients on current merchandise for purchase
• Assist the Spa Director, Assistant Spa Director, or Spa Supervisor with any job-related tasks
Key Competencies and Qualifications:
• Excellent communication skills
• Possess considerable experience in all aspects of assessing and working with varying hair types
• Must be comfortable recommending retail
• Certification of an accredited school of cosmetology education or equivalency in an apprenticeship.
• Two years of resort/spa experience preferred but not essential
• Utah State Cosmetology License required