Responsible for the consistent preparation of innovative and creative cuisine of the highest quality, presentation and flavor for the food and beverage outlets and banquets, resulting in an outstanding guest experience. Responsible for the selection and training of culinary and kitchen support associates. Directly control food costs, ensure compliance with Brand Culinary standards and programs, monitor and proactively address waste controls. Manage inventory of kitchen product and supplies.
1. Works in partnership with the sales teams to find cost efficient, innovative and enticing menu offerings to help secure hotel business.
2. Ensure commitments to special requests, timing and presentation are met.
3. Trains, develops and motivates supervisors and culinary staff to meet and exceed established food preparation standards on a consistent basis.
4. Teaches preparation according to well defined recipes and follows up and discusses ways of constantly improving the culinary experience at the property.
5. Display exceptional leadership by providing a positive work environment, counselling employees as appropriate and demonstrating a dedicated and professional approach to management.
6. Should be able to provide direction for all day-to-day operations in the kitchen and banquet areas.
7. Make sound financial/business decision making, demonstrates honesty, integrity and also leads by example.
8. Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
9. Responsible for menu development and maintaining updated and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage operation.
10. Determines how food should be presented; creates innovative food displays.
11. Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
12. Ensures all equipment in the kitchen is properly maintained and in working order in accordance with local Health department and hotel standards.
13. Reviews guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
14. Ensure proper grooming and hygiene standards for all associates in department.
15. Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on food quality, presentation and service levels.
16. Actively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
17. Follows and enforces all applicable safety procedures specified for kitchen and food servers.
18. Review weekly and monthly schedules to meet forecast and budget.
19. Able to perform additional duties as requested by the hotel management as and when required.
20. Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to company standards.
21. Ability and knowledge of food costs , and keep them within a budgeted percentage amount.
· Lift up to thirty (30) pounds
· Walking, bending, stretching, standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time
· Some exposure to chemicals
· Must be enthusiastic and energetic with a passion for culinary arts and hospitality
· Prior supervisory/management experience required, experience in a hotel banquet and restaurant environment highly desired.
· Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently; excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Proficiency in computers to include Microsoft Word, Excel, and other hotel operating systems.
Apply in person or send Resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org