Oversee and manage the Catering and Conference Services Department by ensuring a Branded, consistent product while maximizing profitability and creating an inspiring hospitality experience for the Group guest.
- Responsible for planning, evaluating, organizing, and directing the activities of the Conference Service Manager(s) and Catering Sales manager(s).
- Responsible for all administrative duties which are necessary in the functioning of the department.
- Responsible for working with meeting planners in the final details of their meetings/events.
- Responsible for anticipating needs, forecasting results, analyzing and arranging work processes for associates in the department.
- Provides the necessary training, motivation, and leadership for department associates.
- Participates in the final interview process and is responsible for hiring all departmental associates.
- Ensures all procedures, policies, and guidelines are being followed by department associates.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with outside purveyors, who provide services for the Hotel through the Catering and Convention Services Department.
- Maintains efficient office procedures to facilitate the smooth operation of the department.
- Forecasts payroll, public room income and meeting covers on an annual/quarterly/monthly basis.
- Ensure catering sales meet budgeted levels.
- Ensure consistent, proper, open communication to Sales, Banquet Services, the Food & Beverage Department as well as any department associated with Group business.
- Create and maintain a good working relationship with the Banquet Manager to ensure a high level of service and understanding with Banquet operations.
- Create and maintain a good working relationship with the Banquet Chef to ensure a high level of comfort and success.
- Monitor and evaluate the service offered by the Banquet Department.
- Effectively coordinate efforts between Sales and Food & Beverage management.
- Prepare 10 day, monthly, weekly, and quarterly Food & Beverage forecasts as requested to monitor business flow accurately.
- Attends weekly Forecast, Resume, and BEO meetings.
- Tour/inspect the hotel function space daily to spot check the space as well as meeting room setups.
- Ensures all equipment used in the department is in good working order and uses preventive maintenance schedules for all equipment.
- Ensures the desired level of quality is maintained in all meeting room sets on a continuing basis.
- Ensures all file turnover requirements (from Sales to Convention Services) are fulfilled.
- Advises hotel department leaders of special requirements of Groups.
- Reviews the information reported on the Convention Services Department Daily Log and takes necessary steps to alleviate problems noted in the log.
- Conducts weekly department meetings and one-on-ones with team members.
- Has a working knowledge of Food & Beverage product offerings.
- Perform any other duties assigned by Director of Sales and Marketing.
- College Degree or relative work experience
- Request minimum of 3 years’ experience as Director of Catering and/or Conference Service
- Proven self-starter (confident)
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Salesforce and Opera a plus; etc.)
- Strong customer service orientation
- Stellar organizational skills
- Decision maker and problem solver
- Level-headed with common sense
- Extremely flexible and willing to work required hours
- Detail oriented
- Team oriented – ability to work with all departments in the resort
- Effective sales and up-selling skills
- Experience in fast paced environment
The Hotel functions seven days a week and 24-hours a day. All employees, both management and hourly, must realize, at times, it may be necessary to move an employee from their accustomed shift so support business demands.
* Midway Properties Group, LLC (Zermatt Utah Resort & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer) *
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://zermatt.applicantpool.com/jobs/843706.html
Related Jobs (30)
Starbucks Barista on September 25, 2022