Zermatt Utah Resort and Spa is seeking a qualified, full-time Director of Conference Services to join our outstanding Sales/Conference Services Team! Zermatt recently joined with Wyndham as part of their unique Trademark Collection.
Essential Functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate all logistics of meetings, conferences, exhibit shows or other special events and activities with accuracy and detailed communication outlines for the client and hotel departments, providing the appropriate memos, Banquet Event Orders, Group Resumes and other communication as necessary.
- Oversees the team of Conference Services Managers, providing them with the assistance, training and motivation needed to ensure that all groups receive the superior service.
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counselling and evaluations
- Ensures that all contracted groups are meeting or exceeding both room and food + beverage revenues, monitoring for potential attrition.
- Must be able to upsell food + beverage, guest room types and any ancillary revenue streams.
- Responsible for profit integrity of the Banquet department.
- Oversees and conducts weekly BEO meetings and ensures exceptional communication on all events.
- Attends and conducts weekly resume meetings.
- Obtains Conference rooming lists, monitors cut-off dates, obtains rooming lists by the due date and in accordance with the sales contract.
- Maintains accurate and current space (room) blocks in the group function log, observing proper turnovers and releasing space appropriately and timely, so to maximize the revenue potential of the hotel through the booking of other business opportunities.
- Support Sales Teams with prospective clients by suggesting logistics, creating custom menus, outside vendor coordination, etc.
- Conduct tours for potential and booked clients.
- Position requires a minimum of five years progressive experience in the hotel industry, specifically relating to Catering and Conference Services, with at least three of those years in an enhanced leadership role
- Experience in high volume, fast paced environment. Large conference hotel experience preferred
- Candidate must possess proven leadership skills with direct supervisory responsibility. Must be able to effectively train, develop, motivate, and delegate staff.
- Must possess excellent communication ability, both written and verbal. Must be able to articulate processes clearly and succinctly, with the ability to motivate, negotiate and influence an audience
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions
- Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with many guest requests/questions within a short period of time
- Highly developed customer service skills; possessing a friendly approachable demeanor and strong problem-solving abilities, with a keen eye for detail
- Must be highly computer literate with ability to quickly learn and adapt to new systems. At minimum, high proficiency in Word and Excel
- Sales Force experience preferred
- The ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time. The ability to lift up to 40 lbs and push/pull/carry up to 50lbs
- The ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holiday
Apply today to join our amazing team!
* Midway Properties Group, LLC (dba Zermatt Utah Resort & Spa) is an equal opportunity employer*