At the heart of Radisson Hotel Group Americas is our brand promise, Every Moment Matters. More than just our motto, it’s how we do business and who we are at our core. We firmly believe that our people are at the center of our success, so we strive to provide a meaningful employment experience with a focus on developing our team’s talents.
Radisson Hotel Group Americas is proud to be one of the world’s leading hotel groups, with nine distinctive hotel brands featuring more than 600 hotels throughout the US, Canada, and Latin America. Our portfolio includes Radisson Collection, Radisson Blu, Radisson, Radisson RED, Radisson Individuals, Radisson Inn & Suites, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson, and Country Inn & Suites by Radisson.
- Coordinate all aspects of POMEC with General Managers and hotel Directors of Engineering to ensure activities are in keeping with the philosophical and operational stipulations and initiatives of Radisson Hotel Group Americas (RHGA)
- Ensure all hotels conform to the local legislation with regards to all licenses and building life safety
- Ensure all hotels develop a complete set of Engineering Operations Manuals which are annually reviewed to reflect current standards of performance
- Assist Corporate Engineering function in ad-hoc projects such as updating Manuals or Policies and Procedures
- Monitor all hotels Property Management, main plant maintenance, and outside inspections (i.e. boilers) schedules on a bi-yearly basis
- Control and monitor implementation of Preventive Maintenance programs at hotels.
- Regularly inspect the priority hotels with particular attention on defective or deficient life safety features and to observe the condition of all MEP equipment
- Conduct property surveys to identify hazards to guests and employees and recommend necessary corrective actions
- Assist and advise on the Regional POMEC purchasing and pricing issues
- Coordinate and guide all engineering related design aspects for new development
- Liaises with Architects, Interior Designers, MEP and other consultants and vendors
- Travels to design engineering coordination meetings in the capacity of RHGA’s Engineering specialist
- Makes periodic site visits to review and report on installation works
- Compile outside consultancy sources driving consistent engineering development of managed and owned properties.
- Participates in the testing & commissioning and handover of MEP systems and provides assistance to the hotel operating team during pre-opening and post-opening periods
- Prepare Engineering Design Standards to serve as engineering minimum requirement for franchise properties.
- Works with RHGA’s Architecture and Design department on due diligence reports for take over potentials
- Maintains a database of up-to-date technology and a technical library of manufacturers’ records related to the hospitality industry
- Reviews new potential projects brought in by Development Department for any Mechanical, Electrical and or Plumbing standards that have been assumed at early development stage
Energy Management 20%
- Monitor and oversee a comprehensive energy monitoring program to all hotels
- Prepare quarterly reports of all hotel energy consumption and distribute to key personnel
- Establish annual energy management goals for all properties balancing suitable comfort levels and the business goals of the hotel
- Communicate new technology and systems that have energy savings potential or hotels
- New Hotels and Renovations 30%
- Assist TS to review all POMEC, ULV, and infrastructure designs for new and potential projects
- Coordinate ads providing pre-opening and post-opening support for new properties and major renovations
- Assist Owner/ Developers in selection of main building equipment suppliers as required
- Visit all new hotels and major renovations periodically to inspect new POMEC installations
- Assist TS to source and approve R&M materials as required to support each hotel
- Assist TS to review renovation plans to ensure that they are prudent, cost and energy efficient managed, simultaneously, overview of Design process
Payroll and Productivity Management 10 %
- Help each hotel team to establish relevant SMART business objectives
- Focus attention on improving productivity levels and the need to prudently manage payroll costs (Engineering Department only)
- Ensure new technology and equipment are embraced, improving productivity
- Prepare annual review of engineering staffing levels for hotels and help formulate strategies.
- Investigate and validate outsourcing of engineering services at all hotels (franchise and managed & owned)
- Recommend engineering training activities to enhance performance and impact the bottom line
- Take an active involvement in the welfare, safety, development, and well-being of all hotel Director of Engineering providing advices, counseling and truthful and diplomatic feedback
- Working with HR; make recommendations concerning the recruitment, selection, development, and transfers of Director of Engineering
- To represent the Company’s values and lead by the example.
- Attends and contributes to all Meetings as required
- Ensure all employees provide a courteous and professional service at all times
- Handles inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, reporting complaints or problems if no immediate solution can be found, whilst feeding back a prompt follow up
- Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in employee and industrial relations, understanding and strictly adhering to rules and regulations.
- Take an active involvement in the Welfare, Safety, Development, and wellbeing of employees providing advice, counseling, and truthful, diplomatic feedback
- Ensure high standards of personal presentation and grooming
- Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
- Exercise responsible management and behavior at all times
- Respond to requests to undertake any reasonable tasks and secondary duties and to changes as dictated by the hotel, industry, and company
Requirements & Skills
- Holds a degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering and/or Building Management
- Excellent communication skills, equally comfortable in various cultures within the division, able to develop close communications and relationships with all properties
- Detailed knowledge of air conditioning, ventilation, refrigeration systems and related refrigerants, chilled/condenser water components
- Previous experience in water/wastewater treatment and related chemicals/filtration devices
- Good knowledge of hydraulics, including balancing in waterworks/tanks; prime/standby power generation equipment and associated switch gear
- Must hold Life Safety as a top priority, with experience managing fire main systems and associated pumps, sprinkler systems and equipment, with knowledge of local fire, pressure vessel, electrical codes and occupational safety codes
- Computer skills, particularly in the use of Property Management and Energy Management systems
- 7 -12 years of experience
- Must have previously held a regional position of Engineering Specialists
- Could have previously held positions as Project Engineer, Director of Engineering (Public Works), Chief Engineer (Marine, unlimited ocean/unlimited horsepower)
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and make employment decisions without regard to age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected class. Background checks are also required before employment begins.
Visa Requirements: We participate in E-Verify and all candidates must be in possession of identification providing authorization to work in the United States as defined in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1968 (IRCA). This position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas.
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.radissonhotelsamericas.com/en-us/careers