Zermatt Utah Resort & Spa is accepting applications for a full-time Director of Finance.
The Director of Finance leads the accounting team and the control functions of the hotel, while ensuring timely reporting of operating results and maintaining the integrity of the management information system. In addition, this individual plays a significant role in creating an inspiring hospitality experience for guests and employees.
- Supervise accounting functions.
- Use financial analysis, data trends and market information to anticipate needs, identify operating/financial issues, and recommend actions to maximize financial return.
- Create the annual operating budget for the property and provide analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost saving and productivity opportunities for department leaders.
- Prepare financial statements timely.
- Maintain balance sheet analysis on quarterly basis (preferred monthly).
- Prepare accurate cash flow statements and projections on a monthly basis and/or by request.
- Prepare timely and accurate sales, use and occupancy tax returns as well as any other external reports or returns as deemed necessary.
- Ensure compliance with the management agreement and all legal documents. Understanding how those documents translate into financial responsibilities and how they may affect the Hotel.
- Maintain effective system and control procedures.
- Ensure financial reports, budgets, forecasts, and other information are accurately compiled and submitted within the specified time limits; identifying variances, and making recommendations for improvements as appropriate.
- Review forecasts and budgets prepared by Executive team to ensure owners, and the General Manager are provided with guidelines of performance that are reasonable and achievable.
- Ensure legal, treasury, and tax documentation is maintained and secured, and all statuary and fiscal reporting requirements are satisfied, which includes any governmental requirements for permits and licenses.
- Ensure adequate insurance coverage is maintained to protect the assets of the hotel.
- Ensure appropriate controls are installed and maintained for the protection of the hotels’ assets against loss or misappropriation.
- Effective communicator.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to lead and develop a Finance team.
- Exceptional organizational skills. Qualified candidates must have a minimum of BSC or BA in Business Administration with concentration in Accounting/Finance.
- Previous experience as a hotel/resort Director of Finance preferred.
- Must have experience as an Assistant Controller or Public Accounting Senior/Management.
- Full general ledger experience and month end closing experience is preferred.
The Hotel functions seven days a week and 24-hours a day. All employees, both management and hourly, must realize, at times, it may be necessary to move an employee from their accustomed shift so support business demands.
* Midway Properties Group, LLC (Zermatt Utah Resort & Spa) is an Equal Opportunity Employer *
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://zermatt.applicantpool.com/jobs/911579.html