The Director of Operations reports directly to the General Manager and is responsible for oversight of all operational aspects of the resort with an emphasis on the Food and Beverage Department. In the absence of the General Manager, the Director of Operations shall oversee all aspects of the resort’s operation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and analyze guest satisfaction, quality of service, sales, costs, quality and presentation of food and beverage products, service standards, condition and cleanliness of facilities and equipment.
- Maintain the highest levels of guest service and develop a rapport with both the hotel guests and the local clientele, meeting and greeting guests at Inn, and handling guest complaints effectively and pleasantly.
- Conduct regular walkthroughs for maintenance in restaurants to continuously maintain or improve the physical properties.
- Lead the training and education session for all team members.
- Work with the General Manager to monitor and maintain the costs in line with budgeted and forecasted projections.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, systems, practices, and equipment in all departments and monitors local competitors to compare their operation with the hotels.
- Develop strategic goals, strategies, procedures, and policies including offering guests great value in their experience.
- Work as an active member of the management team. Creating professional relationships and active involvement with all hotel operations.
- Guest and team member centric leadership, the expectation is that the DOO or Myself greet every guest upon arrival and connect with them multiple times per stay. We are looking for a person that is present in the operations understanding the opportunity areas and leading the department leaders to the highest level of service execution.
- Financial Acumen- Understanding the numbers in conjunction with the operations to tell the story. Ownership is very data driven and always needs to know the “why” positive or negative
- Team Motivator, Culture Driver- Deep connection with the team to drive both the Auberge and Phillips Family culture.
- Lives the lifestyle- Outdoors enthusiast (I know she is), has personal passions outside of work, willing to take the guests out on adventures, calm, cool and collected demeanor.
- Intense desire to create relationships with the travel trade
- Dedicated to “Good Change,” it is important for Blue Sky to be in the top resorts in the world, always driven to be better and better the team.
- Ownership relations- confident and poised with the ability to create connections with multiple generations of the family, understanding this is a passion project and they are deeply involved.
- Being able to deal with me, I am very involved in the operations and the day to day, working with me and around me.
Position oversees the following departments:
- Food & Beverage and Catering
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Hotel Management, Food & Beverage, or a related field.
- Five or more years’ operating experience in a similar capacity in a top restaurant group or luxury hotel Food & Beverage department.
- Experience in maintaining state and federal health and safety regulations.
- Experience in completing administrative tasks, including reporting, budgeting, project management, etc.
SKILLS, ATTITUDES, AND BEHAVIORS
- Strong aptitude in financial management, financial reports, and analysis.
- Demonstrated track record of strong attention to detail and good communication skills.
- Must be able to sit or stand for at least 8 hours and be able to lift up, push, and pull at least 50 pounds
NOTE: A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=tl398&fs=1.0em
Related Jobs (93)
Food Server – Nutrition Care Patient Service Representative on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Patient Services Representative – Food Server on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Sanitation/Tray Line Stocker (Dishwasher) on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Patient Services Representative – Food Server – Evenings on November 22, 2022 Part Time
Nutrition Care Sanitation/Tray Line Stocker (Dishwasher) EVENINGS on November 22, 2022 Full Time