Visit Ogden is a non-profit organization that works with the people and places of our community to sustainably curate, cultivate and promote meaningful experiences for residents and visitors.
POSITION PURPOSE: Directs daily operations of the Visit Ogden sales team and actively participates as a full-time sales producer in either the conference/meetings or sports market to bring business and provide economic impact to Weber County. Position also provides coverage for President in her absence.
REPORTS TO: President/CEO, but is also accountable to the other sales team members, Board of Trustees, several industry committees, Weber County lodging properties, meeting venues, past, current and future clients.
• Develops and executes the implementation of a comprehensive sales plan in order to bring meetings and conventions, film commission events, sporting and special events to Weber County.
• Manages sales team by setting individual prospecting, room night, economic impact and venue revenue goals for each team member.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of the annual sales plan, sales strategies, objectives and coordination of trade show participation.
• Directly supervises the activities of the sales team by reviewing sales activity, identifying educational opportunities, counseling and motivating staff to ensure sales goals are met.
• Maintains communication and good rapport with lodging partners by conducting monthly meetings with lodging partners’ Director of Sales personnel, individually, as well as a quarterly Lodging Association meeting.
• Coordinates joint efforts of the Visit Ogden sales team and Weber County Culture Parks & Recreation sales staff.
• Creates and distributes sales reports to report on progress and production of sales team to the President/CEO.
• Presents sales report to the Visit Ogden Board of Trustees at bi-monthly board meetings.
• Researches and identifies potential conference or sports market events. Develops and maintains relationships with meeting planners and/or rights holders to identify prospects, obtain RFP’s and book events. Prepares proposals for events and directs event servicing and logistics which may include heading a local organizing committee for larger events.
• Responsible for planning, attending and follow-up of trade shows and marketplaces to develop sales leads and generate future business.
• Coordinates and arranges site visits and familiarization tours.
• Solicits participation from meetings, conferences and events for the Weber Sustainability Fund.
• Determines initiatives that support destination stewardship and sustainability initiatives and encourages participation from clients, partners and stakeholders.
• Works in cooperation with the rest of the Visit Ogden team to maintain and encourage positive workplace culture, lots of laughs, and great energy.
• Quarterly and annual agreed upon goals, including personal and team booking goals as well as management goals.
• Completes work within established deadlines.
• Be knowledgeable of Weber County venues, attractions, lodging, and entertainment and act as a Weber County ambassador in all areas.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Hospitality, or Tourism plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience in hospitality, tourism sales, or operations, preferably in a leadership role; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong working knowledge of the tourism industry.
• Substantial knowledge of conference sales or sports markets preferred, but not required.
• Experience in recognized convention industry meetings and conventions.
• Leadership and/or management experience preferred.
• Degree in business or sales preferred.
• Strong knowledge of the greater Ogden area including attractions, recreation, arts, entertainment, restaurants, hotels, districts and other tourism related assets.
• Must have the ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the Visit Ogden team, governmental entities, stakeholders, media, meeting and event planners.
• Ability to travel and to provide own transportation.
• Proficient in MS Windows including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills including confident public presentation skills.
• Ability to think and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Well-organized, self-motivated and proactive.
• Ability to interface with staff to build consensus, achieve goals, and leverage resources.
• Ability to meet deadlines and stay at/under budget.
• Position may require overnight travel, after-hours work, access by CEO and staff at any time, monitoring email and online activity after hours and on weekends.
Physical/Sensory/Cognitive Requirements to Perform Essential Job Functions
• Ability to sit at desk for 6-8 hours per day, if required.
• Ability to operate computer keyboard and view computer screen for 7-8 hours per day, if required.
• Ability to set up and tear down tradeshow booths, equipment and marketing materials.
• Must be able to hear and converse via telephone and in person.
• May be required to lift boxes and small equipment up to 50 pounds in weight.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as defined to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements, in Word or PDF format, to:
President & CEO Visit Ogden
No telephone calls, please.
The position is open until filled.
Benefit Package includes medical and dental, paid holidays, vacation, sick leave and 401K plan with matching contribution.