We are actively seeking an energetic, punctual and organized individual who wants to join our team. Your role would be supporting and learning the daily operations of the Sales department. As a member of the team, you will assist in selling guestrooms, meeting space, and administrative tasks. Must maintain a positive attitude and pleasant disposition as you are the focal point of the Sales offices.
Marriott and the Woodbury Group care about your safety where you work. We comply with Marriott brand standards and have adopted the “Commitment to Clean” program to ensure the safety of you and our guests.
- Assisting the Director of Sales to identify new contacts, develop sales leads, and respond to sales opportunities in order to maximize revenue.
- Meet and maintain a good relationship with clients. Work closely with other departments to coordinate details, special requests, VIP packages and promotions.
- Establish and maintain sales files and trace systems.
- Handle inquiry calls, send appropriate collateral, or direct calls to Director of Sales.
- Support Front Desk in providing exceptional guest service (answering phone calls, check-in, check-out, billing etc.) Take, modify, and cancel guest reservations, noting any special requests.
- Arrange and conduct hotel site visits.
- Manage the Meeting Room Department budget. Handle all banquet and meeting room requests.
- Composes and distributes routing correspondence, reports or contracts (to include BEO’s, Sales Proposals, and Sales Contracts).
- Administers group and meeting/banquet events including greeting all groups, creating and placing welcome amenities in rooms, finalizing items with the group at check in/out.
- Prepare invoices for hosted meetings.
- Assists with completing daily/weekly/monthly reports.
- Go on sales calls & blitzes with Director of Sales and serve as a point of contact to all hotel accounts.
- Manage mini-hotel inventory and input rooming lists.
- Perform pick up reports from city wide conventions.
- Know and follow hotel emergency procedures and practice safe work habits.
Some Sales (2 years+) and/or Front Desk experience is required.
- Medical + HSA or FSA
- 401K Employer Match
- Paid Time Off starting on first day
- Free Life Insurance
- Free Accident Insurance
- Awesome Marriott worldwide travel discounts
- Opportunities for growth and advancement