The Engineering Plant Supervisor will be responsible for supervising all operations for maintaining the building and grounds with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. The position will directly focus on the central plant operations of the resort for both preventive and corrective care of the buildings mechanical equipment, kitchen equipment, refrigeration, pool systems, and laundry facility. This role will contribute to the organization as an active business partner that is responsible for supporting the company’s goals, objectives, vision, mission, and values.
Major areas of responsibility/ management include, but are not limited to:
- Daily scheduling of central plant associates, project management/planning and follow up walk-throughs.
- In-depth involvement and knowledge of all fire and life safety systems on property.
- Assist with execution of department trainings and innovative pre-shift programs.
- Assist in managing associate engagement, scheduling, payroll, counseling and quarterly department meetings.
- Complete daily shift reports and communicate necessary information with manager.
- Communicate and partner with all department leaders and hourly associates to ensure the guest experience is personalized and executed seamlessly.
- Circulate on the hotel grounds, continually communicate with guests and associates to ensure that each experience exceeds expectations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- 6 years experience in engineering
- 4 years supervisory experience
- 4 years experience working in mechanical trades
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, various property specific software applications, and Energy Management Systems software
- Experience working in project management fields with outside companies and internal projects
- Certification from Technical Maintenance Trade School
- Luxury hotel experience strongly preferred
- Previous hospitality experience
Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day; must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 6 hours in length. Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously. Must be able to lift up to 15-40 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis. Must be able to walk, stand, sit, bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill tasks. Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment.
In the United States we are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Related Jobs (10)
Engineering Mechanic – Hilton Salt Lake City Center on 07/24/2021 Full Time