ABOUT THE LODGE AT BLUE SKY:
Nestled between the soaring peaks of Utah’s Wasatch and Uinta mountain ranges, a mold-breaking and highly-anticipated concept in hospitality is emerging. The Lodge at Blue Sky sits on thousands of acres of some of the world’s most breathtakingly beautiful natural lands, just a few short minutes from Park City, and its unique philosophy fosters, in equal measure, unmatched luxury and uninhibited adventure. Prestigious industry publications including Travel and Leisure and Forbes have singled out The Lodge at Blue Sky as one of the most sought-after destination hotels in the world. Since it opened its doors for the first time in May of 2019, the Auberge Resort Group Family welcomes guests to share in the Soulful Journey that guides every aspect of this one-of-a-kind resort.
The Lodge at Blue Sky is pleased to invite qualified and passionate candidates to join our Family in growing strong roots in our local and global community, being responsible stewards of the land we love, experiencing meaningful adventures, and nurturing our connections with people and other living creatures, every single day. The Lodge at Blue Sky believes that our mission to provide luxury with wild abandon to our guests can only be fulfilled by nurturing, valuing, and empowering our employees to be their best selves, and giving our best in return. Our employee culture sets itself apart from other luxury hotels in our genuine appreciation of and respect for our team members, and we are dedicated to providing the best employee experience possible for our team by pairing people with positions that both challenge and enrich them.
Position Title: Master Esthetician
Location: The Edge Spa at The Lodge at Blue Sky
Reports To: Director of Spa
Revised Date: February 10th, 2023
The Esthetician will act as Ambassador to the ENRICH culture of The Lodge at Blue Sky and to the
service standards of The Edge Spa.
- Provide all facial and add-on treatments as outlined in The Edge Spa protocol manual.
- Available to work holidays, weekends and evenings as needed.
- Attend provider training and meetings as scheduled.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining standard of excellence in professional image and service.
- Use products within guidelines set in the policy/procedure manual.
- Proper use of all spa facilities and equipment as outlined in the policy/procedure manual.
- Accurately communicate information regarding guests to Spa Desk Attendants for input into Book4Time.
- Follow-up with the Director of Spa and Lead Esthetician on all comments, concerns and suggestions made by staff members and resort guests.
- Explain and promote all spa and resort facilities, services and activities.
- Keep the work area clean and neat at all times. Maintain sanitation as regulated by the State Board of Utah.
- Assist other departments within the spa whenever necessary and available.
- Responsible for adhering to The Lodge at Blue Sky associate handbook and Policy/Procedure manual.
- Ensure the smooth flow of spa operations by reviewing the daily treatment schedule and maintaining a timely schedule.
- Create an excellent experience for all guests through a friendly, professional and helpful attitude. Approach all encounters with spa guests, members and fellow employees in a gracious, attentive, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
- Report to work in appropriate uniform, on time, and well-groomed according to guidelines.
- Participate in and support hotel and company efforts towards sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- A genuine affinity for interacting meaningfully and positively with others.
- Ability to support the spa operations of the property so as to maximize customer satisfaction, team member performance, and business results.
- Ability to ensure that visitors to the hotel are delighted by the quality, creativity, and variety of our Spa services and that The Edge Spa is regarded as a strong point of differentiation for the hotel in its local market.
- Ability to maintain calm during busy periods and treat our guests and our colleagues with respect, and work hard together to deliver the highest quality of service to all.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Professional, polished etiquette, and treatment protocol skills and knowledge.
- Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
- Master esthetician license issued by Utah Board of Barbering and Cosmetology.
- Minimum 1 year experience as an esthetician. Resort experience preferred. Hydrafacial Certified preferred. Luxury retail cosmetics experience preferred.
- Ability to provide all Edge Spa facial treatments and services as outlined in The Lodge at Blue Sky Policy/Procedure Manual.
- Availability to work Weekends and Holidays
- Must be an enthusiastic, high energy team player.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multitask is essential with great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication style and out-going personality.
- A love for taking care of people and a true sense of hospitality.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work in an environment infused with a variety of scents/aromatherapy
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate, both orally and in writing, using correct spelling and grammar, with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding, both in person and by telephone.
- Ability to input and access data in a computer.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality of all guest and resort information.
- Ability to promote positive relations with all guests and co-workers.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration, think clearly and follow through.
- Ability to quickly learn, remember, provide and adhere to all facial treatments as outlined in The Edge Spa Policy/Procedure manual.
- Able to identify a wide range of symptoms and disorders.
- Ability to assist the guest in selecting services to best aid in attaining their goals while at the spa.
- Ability to educate/advise clients on skincare products and regimens most suited to their skin type.
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments and co-workers as part of a team.
- Ability to remain calm, centered and focused despite surroundings or personal circumstances.
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to property.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Occasionally needs to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. Occasionally.
- Vision requirements: the constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arm’s reach.
- Hearing requirements: the constant need to speak, respond to the general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures, and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
NOTE: A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the team member occupying this position. Team members will be required to perform any other job related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The Lodge at Blue Sky is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Lodge at Blue Sky provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Lodge at Blue Sky complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://recruiting2.ultipro.com/BLU1025BSCRL/JobBoard/8b6e1df2-a6b1-43ae-aa6e-53e93df07eb4/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=2f4a07dd-11c6-4e1f-a3ae-578f7898e956