At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive colleagues who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. As a member of the property’s Leadership Committee, the Director of Engineering is a highly visible role with exposure to Senior and Corporate leadership. This position reports to the hotel General Manager.
The Event Manager handles both local catering and groups sales bookings. This person has an assigned quota and is also responsible for handling Sales groups. This position is responsible for solicitation of new business, handling inquiries, detailing Sales groups. This manager is also responsible for detailing events and ensuring guest satisfaction.
The Event Manager is responsible for selling and servicing events, as well as groups with sleeping rooms. This position works closely with Hotel Sales Managers in contract negotiations and servicing groups as it relates to catering and convention services. Primary sales efforts are in Banquet Food, Beverage and Meeting Room Rental and may include menu planning, agenda setting, hotel meeting services, hospitality amenities, and special VIP requests. Duties also include contract review and facilitating communication before, during and post event with pertinent hotel staff to ensure a high level of service.
Event Managers also host hotel tours, maintain strong customer relationships, participate and may lead event meetings, and other staff meetings, and work as a team member with the sales and catering staff. The manager also works closely with an assigned Administrative Assistant and other support staff.
Hyatt colleagues work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it’s career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
Hyatt has a very competitive benefit package for colleagues, which may include:
- Complimentary or Discounted hotel room nights
- Unlimited colleague and friends & family discounted room rates
- Bereavement and jury duty pay
- Vacation, sick, new child leave
- Medical, dental and vision Insurance, discounted prescriptions
- 401(k) w/ match
- Direct deposit
- Complimentary colleague meals
- Complimentary parking
- Discounted ski pass (reimbursement to take place at conclusion of season)
- Opportunity for growth and advancement!
Hyatt is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment
- Refined verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge
- Candidates should be extremely detail oriented and organized
- Prefer two years hotel experience or completed Event Management trainee program
- Prefer candidate has completed PSS
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/utah/hyatt-centric-park-city/slcpc