The Sheraton Park City is currently seeking an experienced & passionate Chef to join our team as our Executive Chef. Hotel experience is preferred, but not necessary. Do you have a passion for food and creating incredible menus that fit in with the current food & market trends? Then come join our team and work for the largest and best hotel company, Marriott, that Sheraton is a part of that family/portfolio!
The responsibilities of the job include:
- Supervising all cooking operations including methods, portioning, and garnishing.
- Developing menus.
- Supervise the food preparation team including hiring, developing, training, counseling, disciplining, dishcarging, and performance evaluations.
- Schedule all associates to adhere to labor standards guidelines and maintain adequate staffing levels.
- Purchase all food and equipment per specifications, quantities, and quality descriptions, mostly online, with the GM’s approval and within budget.
- Ensure attractive presentation of all food dishes.
- Maintain health and sanitation standards.
- Achieve budgeted revenues and expenses and maximize profitability related to the restaurant.
- Contribute to the profitability and guest satisfaction perception of other hotel departments.
- Develop short and long-term financial and operational plans for the restaurant that relate to the overall objectives of the hotel.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual hotel budget.
- Increase level of guest satisfaction by the delivery of an exceptional product through employee development.
- Manage in compliance with Federal, state, local, Sheraton, and Driftwood regulations and standards.
- Maintain and correct procedures for inventory control.
- Ability to accurately use various office and accounting software.
- Ability to accurately report information.
- Ability to scrupulously follow all Driftwood & Sheraton, and hotel policies and procedures; hold subordinates accountable.
- Conduct regular meetings with staff; ensure effective and thorough communication of goals, objectives, projects and day-to-day business.
- Attend required meetings.
- Projects and assignments are completed thoroughly, professionally, and with care.
- Adjusts to high-pressure conditions and is open to change.
- Conducts himself/herself (acts and dresses) professionally at all times; sets standards for all associates; holds subordinates accountable.
- Understands and communicates the Sheraton and Driftwood mission.
- Responsible for the Sheraton GFSA audit conducted annually without notice.
Our culture isn’t all just about just work & success, we like to have fun too! We are a family here at the Sheraton – a home away from home. We have great benefits and competitive wages. And a lot of growth potential within the hotel and company. We are owned and operated by Driftwood Hospitality Management LLC, which is an EOE company.
Please apply online and if your qualifications meet ours, then we will call you to set up an interview