POSITION: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
UTAH VALLEY CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU (dba Explore Utah Valley)
SALARY RANGE: $110,000 – $130,000 annually, bonus eligible
POSTING: OPENING DATE: March 30, 2021 CLOSING DATE: April 12, 2021
The Executive Director is responsible for the administration and marketing of the Bureau and shall determine the most effective use of the Bureaus resources to promote Utah County as a desirable tourism/travel destination. Executive Director reports to the UVCVB Board of Directors Executive Committee.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as advisor to the Chairman of the Board, the Board of Directors and such other committees as may from time to time be designated.
- Assembles information, and cause to be prepared, such reports as may be required by the Chairman of the Board and the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for the hiring, firing, discharging, directing, and supervising of all employees of the Bureau.
- Develops and supervises the preparation of an annual operating budget encompassing all activities and operations of the Bureau, which budget shall be subject to review by the Board of Directors and subject to approval by the Utah County Commission as detailed in the agreement with Utah County.
- Performs such other and additional duties as may be assigned by the officers and Board of Directors as may be designated, and as provided for in the bylaws.
- Develops and supervises implementation of the Annual Business and Marketing Plan for the Bureau to promote Utah Valley as a convention and visitor destination to area, state, regional, national and international groups and organizations; as a center for business conferences, workshop, sales meetings and athletic events; and as a tourism area through individual leisure travel and motor coach development.
- Develops and supervises plans and procedures to disseminate information about facilities available in Utah Valley which are conducive to business conferences, meetings and events; greeting executives in charge of organizations holding meetings and events; for assisting groups in preparing program and pre-event literature.
- Aids and improves resident understanding of the UVCVB and its purpose, aware of the visitor industry and trends, and develops community pride, enthusiasm and hospitality to visitors.
- Serves as a resource for Community Partners to address local, state and federal government agencies on projects impacting Utah Valley as a visitor destination.
- Supervises operation of the Utah Valley Visitors Information Center.
- Supervises and monitors workflow and dissemination of information.
- Receives inquires pertaining to business opportunities and tourism and assigns member of staff for follow-up or makes personal follow-up.
- Produces promotional literature as required.
- Contacts travel industry representatives by telephone, mail or personal visits to present the advantages of selecting Utah Valley for meetings and events.
- Prepares biannual report and reports to the Utah County Commission on the progress of the UVCVB.
- Responsible for monthly financial reports and annual financial review in accordance with the agreement with Utah County.
- Works with local, state, national and international groups and organizations to ensure that Utah Valley is properly positioned and represented in cooperative marketing and promotional opportunities.
- Serves as a political resource for elected officials to rely upon for tourism-related bills and/or funding requirements, local, state and national.
- Serves as a spokesperson for the industry to educate the local, state and national public on the value of the travel industry for economic growth.
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to direct, motivate and supervise subordinates. Requires flexibility to manage the complex coordination of multiple departments and Bureau projects. Position requires thorough knowledge of marketing, ability to conceptualize “the big picture,” as well as to communicate and implement strategies of long-range vision.
- Excellent oral communication skills to speak one-on-one or to groups. Confident in complex interactions.
- Written communication skills to compose, edit and proof Bureau publications.
- In-depth knowledge of budget development and interpretation, financial management and accounting theory.
- Work requires ability to travel and manage multiple projects while not physically present in the office.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum five years hospitality/tourism sales/operations experience desired.
- College degree required, preferably in the area of business management, marketing, communications or travel and tourism.
- Previous managerial, budget and marketing experience is required.
- Explore Utah Valley – Employment Application
HOW TO APPLY:
- Individuals interested in this position must complete Explore Utah Valley’s employment application. Application may be accessed through the following link https://forms.gle/vaovi97CiK1ynCFW7
- Application must be submitted online with attached resume no later than Monday, April 12, 2021
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Required drug screening and background check
- Verification of past employment and reference checks
- All applicable laws are compliant
UVCVB is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other basis recognized by federal, state or local law.
UVCVB Board Executive Committee reserves the right to call only those qualified applicants to continue at any state of the selection process.
THIS POSITION IS NOT A UTAH COUNTY POSITION
COMPETITIVE EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS WILL BE OFFERED
UVCVB is a non-profit 501(c) corporation whose purpose is to promote, sell, and market Utah County as a premier destination for meetings, groups, business, and leisure travelers.