The Executive Housekeeper reports directly to the Director of Rooms and is responsible for providing guidance and day to day management of the housekeeping department.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Organize and manage the cleaning of guestrooms in accordance with The Lodge at Blue Sky / Auberge / Forbes standards.
- Organize and supervise the cleaning of common areas as well as other work areas as required by the Management.
- Check rooms upon arrival, occupied, and during turndown service to maintain The Lodge at Blue Sky / Auberge / Forbes standards.
- Complete staff schedule.
- Maintain close and efficient communication with the Engineering team and management, in order to ensure that the hotel product is constantly kept in excellent condition.
- Monitor stocks and perform regular inventories of all housekeeping supplies, amenities, linen, and tools, making sure that staff has any necessary items to perform their assignments at their best.
- Follow and supervise safe operational procedures in regard to the use of cleaning chemicals.
- Develop a positive relationship with guests and team members, whilst remaining professional and service orientated at all times.
- Implement all aspects of departmental training on-the-job functions.
- Hire and train all new housekeeping staff members.
- Maintain the housekeeping budget, providing billing summaries and expenses for all pre and post events.
- Work as an active member of the management team. Creating professional relationships and active involvement with all hotel operations, including but not limited to; daily, and weekly management meetings, and support to all team members, including Manager on Duty Shifts.
- Previous experience managing a team of housekeeping employees through motivation, coaching, and development
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, according to department needs
- Experience in maintaining state and federal health and safety regulations
- Experience with Forbes standards
ATTITUDES, AND BEHAVIORS
- Great communication skills
- Confidence and ability to perform under pressure
- Must be able to stand for at least 8 hours and be able to lift up, push, and pull at least 50 pounds
NOTE: A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://theapplicantmanager.com/careers?co=tl