Driftwood Hospitality Management’s company culture empowers our associates to take initiative, be proactive, and contribute to the success of their property with well-defined strategies and objectives. Driftwood Hospitality Management is renowned for our fully integrated approach to hospitality services — all with outstanding client service. Our team is made up of the best talent in the hospitality industry, down to every employee, position, and hotel.
OVERVIEW OF JOB
The Executive Meeting Manager (EMM) reports to the Director of Sales & Marketing. Our ideal candidate will solicit, negotiate and contract new and repeat business through various efforts (lead follow up, telemarketing, direct mail, referrals, internet prospecting, etc.) to maximize revenues to meet/exceed revenue goals in guestrooms, banquet food & beverage, Audio Visual, meeting room rental, and ancillary hotel revenues. The EMM will prepare and execute sales contracts, event orders, group resumes, program execution, and work with accounting on final invoicing. Most importantly our EMM will collaboratively work interdepartmentally coordinating all function details with the hotels clients to ensure quality product delivery, customer satisfaction, and repeat business.
- Solicit new and maintain existing accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals through telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, site inspections, and written communication.
- Details, prepares, and initiates Banquet Event Orders to the client’s specifications and in conjunction with the Banquet Department, F&B Director, and Executive Chef.
- Participate in daily Sales Stand-up meetings, attends weekly sales meeting and other meetings as directed.
- Works with the hotel Revenue Manager and DOSM to determine room availability and rates.
- Develop/maintain knowledge of market trends, competition, and customers.
- Practice effective revenue/yield management strategies to include wise negotiation and booking function space, focused solicitation during soft occupancy periods and effective rate and price negotiation.
- Consults with customers to plan details such as number of persons expected display space desired, and food service schedule.
- Meets with customers during an event to insure proper delivery of hotel services.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the property and its offerings.
- Comprehensive knowledge of market position, banquet and food and beverage revenues, pricing and rate structures, sales strategies, yield management, booking trends, and future hotel planning.
- Be fully knowledgeable of the capabilities and limitations of the hotel and departments that may impact sales strategies.
- Conduct site tours for potential clients.
- Achieve and exceed individual and team annual goals as established by the annual Marketing Plan.
- Achieve budgeted revenues and expenses and maximize profitability related to the sales department.
- Promptly respond to and resolve guest requests, complaints, or questions in a courteous and timely manner.
- Must possess strong computer skills, including, but not limited to, accounting programs, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and hotel sales system.
- Minimum of 2 Years Hotel Sales Experience.
- Minimum of 2 Years of Event Planning, preferably in a hotel setting.
- Local market & Marriott/Sheraton Brand experience highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred but not required
- Flexible work schedule to accommodate clients requirements.
- We offer competitive wages and benefits, including quarterly and annual bonuses.
- We offer a full menu of insurance options: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401-k, etc.
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Holiday time.
- FREE Ski Utah Gold Passes (good to all resorts in Utah for all seasons)
- FREE meals at the hotel.
- 401-K benefits.
- Discounted rooms WORLD-WIDE with MARRIOTT INTERNATIONAL with over 30 brands for you, your family, and your friends.
- FREE ski and board rentals.
- Great working environment.
Our culture isn’t all about just work and success, we like to have fun too! We are a family here at the Sheraton – a home away from home. We have great benefits and competitive wages. And a lot of growth potential within the hotel and company. We are owned and operated by Driftwood Hospitality Management LLC, which is an EOE/M/F/D/V/Drug-Free Workplace.
EEO: Driftwood Hospitality Management is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on hotel’s jobs siteHospitalityonline.com