This HousePerson position is part-time: Tuesdays/Wednesdays 4pm-10pm and Fridays/Saturdays overnight, 11pm-7am. We offer competitive pay and great benefits including Dental, Vision, 401K plan (company match), and AWESOME Hilton worldwide travel discounts! Come join our team at the beautiful Hilton Garden Inn in Sandy.
Hilton and the Woodbury Group care about your safety where you work. We comply with Hilton brand standards and have adopted their “Clean Stay” program to ensure a safe environment for you and our guests.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
Note: Per the Americans with Disabilities Act, essential functions are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs daily cleaning of all public areas and back of house and ensures there is adequate stock of supplies.
- Reports any maintenance issues located in guestrooms or public areas immediately to maintenance to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Maintains a clean and clutter-free work environment through the ongoing cleaning and organizing of the housekeeping closets, the housekeeping and laundry facility, break room, and houseman cart.
- Follows all hotel lost and found reporting and storage procedures.
- Ensures trash and debris are continually removed from the property and out of the sight of the guests.
- Maintains elevator cleanliness through the cleaning and polishing of the stainless steel panels.
- Continually monitors the pool and fitness facility ensuring the prompt removal of used towels and providing an appropriate stock of clean, dry towels.
- Washes, sanitizes and wraps guest room glassware according to the brand standards.
- Ensures public restroom and pool restroom cleanliness and provides an adequate stock of paper products.
- Communicates any inventory or supply needs to Housekeeping for ordering.
- Assists with any room attendant or laundry operations as hotel and staffing demands dictate.
- As needed, completes special projects such as carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, tile and grout cleaning, etc.
- Follows hotel Do Not Disturb procedures.
- Manages a well-stocked and maintained houseman cart at all times.
- Immediately reports any maintenance or repair issues to the appropriate manager so that any repairs may be addressed
- Helps contribute to meeting hotel’s financial goals through loss prevention & overall cost control.
Safety and Security
- Assists in recognizing and correcting potential safety hazards (broken doors, fire hazards, etc.) and security problems (locking doors after hours, etc.)
- Looks for and reports any conditions which may endanger associates or guests of the hotel and to take immediate action to report any hazardous conditions found.
- Remains watchful and reports any suspicious activity as needed to ensure safety of guests, associates and hotel assets.
- Ensures personal safety by following associate safety standards and utilizing provided safety aides.
- Adheres with policies and procedures for the hotel’s key control system.
- Stays informed and capable of performing necessary hotel procedures in case of an emergency.
General Duties and Expectations
- Manages time effectively to accomplish all desired tasks, duties, and action plans.
- Adheres to all attendance policies including being punctual for all shifts and meetings.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor in all situations involving guests, associates and vendors.
- Complies with all brand standards.
- Demonstrates respect, integrity and sound judgment during each interaction with guests, associates and vendors.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and taste or smell. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, reasonable color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Prior experience related to the above duties is helpful but not required.
- Must be neat, professional and well-groomed.
- Must possess good organization/time management skills.
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- Must be able to work with little supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be in good physical condition as the job requires frequent pushing, pulling, reaching, stooping, handling, and gripping
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds (lifting above the shoulder is also required).
- Able to relate well to hotel guests and co-workers.
- Able to work well as part of a team.
- Able to learn quickly.
- Able to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed.
- Maintains an attitude focused on satisfying guests whether or not it is “our job.”
- Ensures all brand standards are met in public areas.
- Personally demonstrates a commitment to guest service by responding promptly to guests’ needs with an interest and concern in satisfying every guest.
- Ensures guests and associates are satisfied with public area and exterior cleanliness.
- Ensures the safety and security of guests, associates, the hotel and its assets while providing a welcoming experience through a clean and well maintained property.
- Stays aware of safety requirements and works in an accident-free manner.