Join our team as the Food and Beverage Supervisor for The Lodge at Blue Sky, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by assisting with overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the restaurant.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Prompt and courteous delivery of all orders, maintaining a positive image through all each guest contact and through cleanliness of guest areas.
- Assure total guest satisfaction in the service of food and beverage through the supervision of prompt and courteous delivery of all Restaurants and Room Service orders.
- Ensures guests receive outstanding, consistent, exceptional service by circulating through each dining area. Seeks opportunities to improve satisfaction and immediately handles any guest concerns or complaints.
- Assist in maintaining a highly motivated and well trained team members.
- Properly execute revenue and check control procedures on shift
- Maintain a safe and sanitary work environment for all Associates and guests
- Gather and implement all proper tools for running shifts (i.e. schedules, floor plans, reservations, checks).
- Ensures all dining, service and kitchen areas are clean and properly set up. Maintains sufficient inventory of supplies and equipment, and orders as needed. anticipate in weekly/monthly inventories. Prepares and submits liquor and supply orders.
- Find solutions for problems such as call outs, last minute bookings, or any other daily problems that may arise.
- Be on the floor during entire meal period and ensure adequate coverage.
- Ensure that only a quality product is being served.
- Maintain proper Associate uniform standards.
- Ability to monitor labor as required by anticipating business activity while ensuring that positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Assist any Associate in his/her job performance, when required, to ensure guest satisfaction. Assist in implementing an effective training program for new and current associates.
- Encourage problem solving by Associates through proper training and empowerment, to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Establish effective communication with Associates to gain their trust and respect through his/her hard work. Maintain fair and consistent counseling and/or disciplinary procedures in accordance with Blue Sky’s Guarantee of Fair Treatment Policy.
- This is a highly-visible guest service position, requiring above average communication skills, interacting professionally with guests.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to support the overall Food & Beverage operations of the property so as to maximize customer satisfaction, team member performance, and business results.
- Ability to ensure that visitors to the hotel are delighted by the quality, creativity and variety of our food and beverage offerings in every area of the hotel, and that F&B is regarded as a strong point of differentiation for the hotel in its local market.
- Ability to assist the restaurant manager with management of Food and Beverage team members in the restaurant to ensure guests receive the highest level of service and quality on a daily and consistent basis.
- Ability to maintain calm during busy periods and treat our guests and our colleagues with respect, and work hard together to deliver the highest quality of service to all.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Prior experience in a supervisory role
- A genuine affinity for interacting meaningfully and positively with guests.
- Extensive experience providing service and supervising others in fine dining environment.
- ServeSafe and TIPS certified
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures, and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Lodge at Blue Sky is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Lodge at Blue Sky provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Lodge at Blue Sky complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.