At Grand America Hotels & Resorts, we are devoted to a tradition of excellence, providing memorable experiences, beautiful backdrops, and genuine service. Established in 1952 by the Holding family, the Grand America Hotels & Resorts’ distinctive collection includes The Grand America Hotel (Salt Lake City, Utah,) Sun Valley Resort (Sun Valley, Idaho,) Snowbasin Resort (Huntsville, Utah,) The Westgate Hotel (San Diego, California,) and Little America Hotel locations in Salt Lake City, Utah; Flagstaff, Arizona; Cheyenne, Wyoming and Little America, Wyoming. When it comes to outdoor adventure, family getaways, and destination meetings, Grand America Hotels & Resorts’ properties offer everything needed to ensure an unforgettable stay.
Responds in a professional and courteous manner to arriving, departing and in-house guests by providing accurate and timely information and services. Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information and guest concerns.
• Greets and completes established check-in procedures for arriving guests on a daily basis, using both manual and computerized methods, in order to ensure guest are satisfied and in rooms as requested.
• Facilitates guest departure (check-out) on a daily basis by following established manual and computer procedures in order to close guest accounts and open the room for the next sell.
• Regularly calculates and/or posts monies, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit using accurate, proper cash handling methods and established procedures in order to present the customer with timely and precise hotel charges upon check-out and maintain accurate hotel records.
• Courteously answers inquiries and accepts in-person reservations by accurately communicating hotel rates and information and by using suggestive selling techniques to sell room nights, increase occupancy and revenue.
• Maintains good customer relations by keeping abreast of all in-house and area functions in order to answer questions and concerns with timely and knowledgeable responses, in person and on the telephone.
• Controls cash transactions at the front desk and maintains complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel bank agreement policy.
• Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
• Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
• Processes all guest mail, messages, and faxes by receiving, sorting, notifying and distributing to mailboxes and to guests in order to ensure the information is received by the guests in the most timely and accurate method possible.
• Contributes and maintains established information and communications sources such as department and front desk log books in order to enhance department communications and operations.
• Provides assistance to other employees and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the department and the hotel.
SUPERVISORY DUTIES – None
- Must have high school graduate level mathematical aptitude, know standard cash handling procedures and knowledge of computerized cash register systems.
- Must have past experience in dealing directly with the public and acquired a general knowledge of basic customer service skills.
- Must be fluent in oral and written English, including excellent grammar and spelling.
- Must have vision ability to read written communiqués and monochrome computer screen.
- Must have hand and finger dexterity to operate a computer, calculator and telephone keyboards, for cash handling and paperwork processing.Abilities
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal/written instructions, work on more than one task at a time, and be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to use tact and understanding when dealing with a variety of customer service problems, including stressful and highly emotional situations.
- Must be highly organized and able to pay attention to minute written and verbal details, particularly when performing multiple tasks.Education/Formal Training
High School diploma or equivalent
None requiredMaterial/Equipment used
Standard office equipment including but not limited to telephone, copier, cash register, PC, fax machine.
Prolonged standing at indoor, thermostatically climate-controlled work station under LED lighting.
-Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.-