ABOUT THE LODGE AT BLUE SKY: Nestled between the soaring peaks of Utah’s Wasatch and Uinta mountain ranges, a mold-breaking and highly-anticipated concept in hospitality is emerging…The Lodge at Blue Sky sits on thousands of acres of some of the world’s most breathtakingly beautiful natural lands, just a few short minutes from Park City, and its unique philosophy fosters, in equal measure, unmatched luxury and uninhibited adventure. Prestigious industry publications including Travel and Leisure and Forbes have singled out The Lodge at Blue Sky as one of the most sought-after destination hotels in the world this year. When it opens its doors for the first time in May of 2019, the Auberge Resort Group Family looks forward to welcoming guests to share in the Soulful Journey that guides every aspect of this one-of-a-kind resort’s operations.
The Lodge at Blue Sky is pleased to invite qualified and passionate candidates to join our Family in growing strong roots in our local and global community, being responsible stewards of the land we love, experiencing meaningful adventures, and nurturing our connections with people and other living creatures, every single day. The Lodge at Blue Sky believes that our mission to provide luxury with wild abandon to our guests can only be fulfilled by nurturing, valuing, and empowering our employees to be their best selves, and giving our best in return. Our employee culture sets itself apart from other luxury hotels in our genuine appreciation of and respect for our team members, and we are dedicated to providing the best employee experience possible for our team by pairing people with positions that both challenge and enrich them, as well as offering competitive wages and comprehensive benefits.
POSITION SUMMARY: Front Desk Spa Attendant is responsible for scheduling and promoting spa services on the phone and in person. Front Desk Spa Attendant provides information about our menu and spa facility to enhance the guest’s experience and promote The Edge Spa. Front Desk Spa Attendant supports all aspects of retail and compiles statistical information as needed and requested. Front Desk Spa Attendant performs a variety of duties including stocking, helping with folding linens and other cleaning duties and opening and closing the spa. Front Desk Spa Attendant provides effective and efficient guest service by maintaining all critical guest areas of The Edge Spa. Front Desk Spa Attendant is an integral team member in the operation of The Edge Spa at The Lodge at Blue Sky.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure the smooth flow of spa operations by reviewing the daily treatment schedule and preparing/maintaining guest areas.
- Follow spa procedures for opening and closing.
- Greet and warmly welcome our guests as soon as they arrive and help with checking in and out.
- Answer phones, make recommendations and arrangements on spa treatments, and schedule appointments.
- Create and manage appointments on a digital appointment scheduling system.
- Promote and represent The Edge Spa in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
- Create an excellent experience for all guests through a friendly, professional and helpful attitude.
- Help maintain professionalism and cleanliness of the spa.
- Sell and promote memberships, spa packages, enhancements and wellness activities.
- Approach all encounters with spa guests, members and fellow employees in a gracious, attentive, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
- Launder and restock spa bar including teas, water dispensers, elixirs, fruit garnish and retail products, back bar product bottles, tissues, etc. in all areas of spa throughout the day.
- Occasionally assist in the change-over of treatment rooms.
- Assist guests as requested with spa information, locker keys, towels, robes, sandals, amenities, and refreshments.
- Assist with the training of new Front Desk Spa Attendants as needed and directed.
- Follow-up with Manager on all comments, concerns, and suggestions made by staff members and resort guests.
- Report to work in appropriate uniform, on time, and well-groomed according to guidelines.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions.
- Available to work holidays, weekends and evenings as needed.
- Model and reinforce all standards and policies.
- Maintain helpful, cooperative relations with coworkers.
- Participate in and support hotel and company efforts towards sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- A genuine affinity for interacting meaningfully and positively with others.
- Ability to support the spa operations of the property so as to maximize customer satisfaction, team member performance, and business results.
- Ability to ensure that visitors to the hotel are delighted by the quality, creativity, and variety of our Spa services and that The Edge Spa is regarded as a strong point of differentiation for the hotel in its local market.
- Ability to maintain calm during busy periods and treat our guests and our colleagues with respect, and work hard together to deliver the highest quality of service to all.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Professional, polished etiquette, and treatment protocol skills and knowledge.
- Availability to work Weekends and Holidays
- Previous experience in the same or similar position (Front Office Agent or Receptionist) in a luxury resort environment. Interest in a career in the Spa department preferred.
- Must be an enthusiastic, high energy team player.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multitask is essential with great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication style and out-going personality.
- A love for taking care of people and a true sense of hospitality.
- Strong computer skills are essential.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work in an environment infused with a variety of scents/aromatherapy
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate in English, both orally and in writing, using correct spelling and grammar, with guests, co-workers, and management to their understanding, both in person and by telephone.
- Ability to provide legible written communication.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to input and access data in a computer.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality of all guest and hotel information.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration, think clearly and follow up.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to remain calm, centered and focused despite surroundings or personal circumstances.
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: pushing, pulling, finger dexterity and climbing.
- The constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, lifting, reaching, twisting and bending.
- While performing the duties of the job, the associate is required to stand for long periods of time, regularly lift and/or move 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move 40+ pounds.
- Able to transport & set-up portable massage tables in guest rooms.
- Vision requirements: the constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arm’s reach.
- Hearing requirements: the constant need to speak on the telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to the general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://recruiting2.ultipro.com/BLU1025BSCRL/JobBoard/8b6e1df2-a6b1-43ae-aa6e-53e93df07eb4/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=d4a9f4bd-8bbc-493f-82df-ae787abd0f20