Sorrel River Ranch is a Four Diamond luxury guest ranch located along the scenic Colorado River surrounded by 2,000-foot high cliffs, buttes and mesas. This exclusive 240-acre riverside oasis is 17 miles from Moab, 21 miles from Arches National Park and 43 miles from Canyonlands National Park.
Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa is looking for a General Manager with a hands-on approach to be responsible for directing and administering all departments of the resort.
- The General Manager is primarily responsible for managing day-to-day operations.
- To embody the Sorrel standard by exceeding guest expectations in all areas of service.
- This position will be held accountable for maintaining established costs and quality standards.
- Work to understand the cultural differences that enhance the guest experience and add depth to the Sorrel work environment.
- Develop, implement, and maintain Standard Operating Procedures consistent with select Forbes and AAA 4-5 Star/Diamond Service standards.
- Lead, direct and administer all Rooms, F&B, Adventure, and Spa operations to include, but not limited to, systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, inventory control, guest satisfaction, and policy/procedure implementation and enforcement.
- Exhibit strong interdepartmental communication and develop positive working relationships with the management team and line level staff throughout all departments.
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling, staff evaluations and promoting employee recognition programs.
- Participate in the coordination of property renovations and capital improvement projects in partnership with ownership, and other departments.
- Support and enforce all hotel operating policies and procedures.
- Maintain warm and hospitable guest relations in all guest contact.
- Be fully versed in all positions contained within the Front Office/Guest Services, Spa, F&B, and Experiences Departments.
- Assess guest challenges and take proper, prompt, and effective corrective action to ensure the best possible satisfaction of our guests while ensuring financial viability for the company.
- Ensure the proper handling and greeting of all VIP and Special Attention Guests. Ensure all special guest services requests are met prior to their arrival.
- Actively promote a workplace culture that anticipates guest needs and exceeds guest expectations.
- Work in conjunction with the Housekeeping & Maintenance departments to implement an effective guest room preventative maintenance schedule.
- Complete annual operations budgets, quarterly budget reviews, and monthly P+L reviews. Strive for profitability and cost savings.
- Be completely knowledgeable with respect to all hotel facilities.
- Authorize all guest services related purchases, paid outs, rebates, and direct bills to ensure consistent accounting controls are in place to maximize revenue and minimize expenses.
- Maintain par levels for office and retail supplies. Re-order supplies on a pertinent need basis in order to achieve effective inventory and cost controls while avoiding shortages.
- Endeavor continuously to maximize hotel occupancy, total revenue, and average transient rate. Emphasize any incentive programs to all staff and ensure Guests are offered hotel services first and foremost.
- Manage the daily loss prevention initiatives within the hotel ensuring both guest and team member safety and security.
- Support complex operations, including managing or assisting for high-profile guest stays, events, owner visits or anything else that may arise.
- Work to create and support a culture of learning and questioning within the operations teams by accepting their feedback, building trusting relationships, and working to transcend cultural and communication boundaries through clear interactions.
- Maintain all operational documents in an organized manner within the Google Drive system.
- Forbes and/or AAA 4-5 Star/Diamond Hotel/Resort experience in Front Office and/or Rooms Division Management.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Energetic and outgoing, with a positive attitude, driven to provide outstanding guest service.
- Professional appearance, demeanor, and attitude.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Proven track record of training and developing strong teams.
- Minimum of 3 years Front Office Operations experience in a luxury Hotel or related industry.
- Experience with PMS and POS systems.
- Ability to adapt with emerging best practices and industry innovation.
- Able to work as many hours as the business demands and be willing to maintain a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- High ethical standards.
- Good organizational and multitasking abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- CPR/First Aid Certified.
- Flexible team player.
- Confident, personable, and sophisticated.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, demanding atmosphere.
- Must be willing to sign non-disclosure and non-compete agreements.
- Must be able to reside on-site.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Health Benefits
- 100% Life insurance
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Employee discount for friends and family.
- Employee discount on purchases and adventurers
- Working Advantage – Employee Perks Program
- Affordable Housing at the Ranch
Starting rate of pay will be based on level of experience.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered. Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V.
Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa (435) 259-4642 www.sorrelriver.com
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://sorrelriver.com/careers