Seasonal full-time position working under the supervision of the Superintendent & Assistant Superintendent, this position is responsible for the maintenance of the golf course at the Homestead Golf Club, while also being part of a team that ensures each guest and co-worker has an authentic experience every day. This position is anticipated to begin mid-April and end mid-October or whenever the golf course closes for the season.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Operates large mowers, tractors and other light equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
– Get mower ready for use (fuel, oil, tires, hydraulics, oil etc.)
– Check mowing pattern for the day
– Check area for debris (rocks, stick etc.)
– Never turn in the same area
– Be careful mowing over sprinklers – Don’t run over heads with tires
– If you notice any leaks or breaks with the irrigation or a head stuck on, report to Superintendent or Assistant
– Wash and grease mower so it’s ready for the next use
– After mowing, replace ropes or move them to another area to divert traffic
– Assists in special construction projects as required
– Sets golf courses to include cutting cups, setting tees, repairing greens, raking bunkers, and mowing greens and fairways
– Maintains golf course, including bunkers, greens, driving range, and tee boxes; mows bunker faces; prunes trees; performs pest control.
– Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
– Any other reasonable duties as requested by Supervisor
– Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
– Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
– Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=16182&clientkey=34DD0A8F9819D810F405FEFBFB264077