The Living Planet Aquarium is an AZA accredited 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides the community with countless educational opportunities to understand and respect our precious Earth and its living ecosystems, from the Utah deserts and mountains, to rain forest habitats, to the planet’s vast oceans. Working at The Living Planet Aquarium is more than just a job, it is purpose-driven work. We need exceptionally talented and hardworking team members to join us on our mission of inspiring people to explore, discover and learn about Earth’s diverse ecosystems. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental, life insurance, disability, flexible spending account, 401(k) with match, PTO, Holiday Pay, New Child Leave, Aquarium Memberships and passes, and much more.
The Living Planet Aquarium recognizes and embraces human diversity. Different perspectives and experiences matter and everyone belongs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or military status. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. The Living Planet Aquarium is committed to ensuring individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process. Should you require accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Guest Services Supervisor
Reports To: Guest Services Manager
The Guest Services Supervisor is responsible for operations relating to guest relations and overall guest experience. The Guest Services Supervisor is accountable for the daily supervision and tactical development of Guest Services front line employees as well as for ensuring all guest areas are at an acceptable level of cleanliness and safety. Guest Services Supervisor is additionally tasked with duties relating to the opening and closing of guest areas as well as cash management and deposits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively leads the Guest Services staff to ensure that excellent aquarium operations are consistently achieved.
- Leads team by delegating duties, assigning specific tasks and ensuring hosts are prepared for each day.
- Responsible for the tactical training and development of Explorers and Explorer Guides
- Contributes to a team environment by recognizing and reinforcing individual and team accomplishments.
- Follows and enforces cash control procedures and guidelines.
- Responsible for the daily financial reporting.
- Handles sensitive guest recovery operations.
- Work with other members of the department to coordinate and book birthday parties.
- Follows LLPA operational policy and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety/security, to ensure the safety of all team members and guests during each shift.
- Acts with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promotes the culture of LLPA.
- Must be knowledgeable in assigned areas relating to Guest Services and/or Guest Experiences in order to lead where needed.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization throughout the aquarium public areas and ensures proper set up and closure of the entire guest area including front desk, lobby, theater, play center, restrooms, and all public halls.
- Works as a team to prepare aquarium guest areas for each day.
- Ability to manage time effectively while meeting all job responsibilities.
- Maintains a positive work environment for team members and guests each day.
- Ensures that Explorers and Explorer Guides maintain high standards of quality, consistency, and speed.
- Coordinates with Education Manager to process incoming field trips.
- Schedules and processes all non-school field trips.
- Handles incident report information gathering and initial paperwork.
Physical Demands of the Job:
This position requires moderate physical effort on a daily basis such as walking, bending, stooping and standing for long periods and regular lifting of heavy objects up to 50 pounds. Guest Services Supervisors must maintain their stations for extended periods and engage in rapid and repetitive hand motion. Guest Services Supervisors require excellent hand/eye coordination and the ability to count out change and bills, rapidly and with accuracy. This position must have the ability to work for long periods at a computer keyboard, clear speech, and good audio skills.
- Must be able to give direction and delegate responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, complex environment.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Previous management or leadership experience preferred.
- Customer service experience required, preferably in a service environment.
Special Working Conditions:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Schedule includes weekends, evenings, and holidays, excluding Thanksgiving Day and Christmas May be required to work beyond your scheduled shift, depending on special events and staff attendance.
- Works a variable shift, depending on departmental
- Interacts with diverse populations and a wide variety of
- Noisy workspaces, large crowds, along with cool and warm environments.
While this job description attempts to describe the essential functions of the position, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. It does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this job at any time.
Loveland Living Planet Aquarium is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. LLPA does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other protected class under federal, state or local laws.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://recruiting2.ultipro.com/LOV1003LOVE/JobBoard/7e157ff7-c269-41d4-8df6-d1b79c519d18/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=e4bbfb0f-cff1-480f-82c9-4138f6a35c0c
Related Jobs (22)
FRONT OFFICE MANAGER – HILTON SALT LAKE CITY CENTER on May 16, 2022 Full Time
BELLPERSON/VALET (ON-CALL) – HILTON SALT LAKE CITY CENTER on May 16, 2022 Part Time